3100Re: [BPQ32] My my what a mess

  • K.O. Higgs
    Apr 27, 2010
      It works okay with NETROM and KNET nodes.
      I have had many problems dealing with xNOS nodes and bbs's in the past.
      I try to avoid them.

      73,  K.O.

      On 4/27/2010 3:08 PM, Jeff - WA4ZKO wrote:

      Amazing how much of a headache the simple addition of the non-standard netrom neighbor node polling can create when you link to non-BPQ netrom systems.

      I took the test node back to the Sept 2009 version, the one before the polling/keepalive feature was added. Solves the compatibility of talking to a UROnode system, but creates fallout on nodes down stream running the newer version.

      Sure would be nice to be able to turn that polling off, at least selectively per port/link.

      As long as you're doing BPQ to BPQ netrom links and running current versions...all is fine. Go to a mixed environment and you're probably looking at a mess.

      Just about ready to toss in the towel and give it up.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --