2884Re: Winmor TNC Warning

  • Howard Z
    Mar 8, 2010
      OK,
      I got the Winmor TNC working with BPQ32

      I can open the BPQTerminal program
      1. type attach 3
      2. type c callsign
      and the Winmor TNC will transmit trying to connect.

      But, now the big picture question - what can we do with it?

      I have the impression that this extends BPQ & VHF Packet to HF via Winmor.
      1. This will mean sending out beacon text announcing the BPQ BBS, ARcluster, and RMS
      2. Accepting connect requests with the appropriate callsign for
      2a. WinFbb connects
      2b. RMS Packet connects
      2c. ARcluster connects

      Am I right?
      I am waiting for a beacon via Winmor via my HF radio.

      Howard

      > Howard,
      >
      > You probably should remove the PORTCALL line from bpqcfg.txt
      >
      > You also need a rigcontrol.cfg containing:
      >

      > COM8 19200 PTTONLY
      >
      > RADIO XXXX 3

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic