1993Re: [BPQ32] New BBS and Chat/Converse Software

  • Charles Brabham
    Jun 23, 2009
      Is it possible to have a special version, identifiable on the air by version number perhaps, that has no provision for non-ham forwarding or access?
      I am part of a group that is trying to put together an all-ham digital network, completely independent of non-ham resources. The rationale is:
      "Amateurs radio operators are the only group of private individuals in the world who have the ways and means to fund, build and maintain a worldwide communications network, independent of the internet and commercial or government entities. This is our own mount Everest, that only we may climb 'because it is there' only for ham radio operators like ourselves."

      A special, all-ham version of the software would be useful for ensuring compliance by HRN participants, eliminating controversy and doubt. - We would simply require the use of the special software. As it is, we experience problems with hams who pretend to be using radio when in fact they do not. - We'd like to see what can be done with radio, and a special radio-only version of the software would be good for this.

      I am not suggesting that this be the only version released, this is a request for a special-purpose version of the software for use by members of a new, all-ham network.

      Take it easy!

      73 DE Charles, N5PVL

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic