1937Re: Switch to BPQ32 from Digiplex using AGW

  • ng7m
    May 1, 2009
      Hi Ron, thanks for jumping in here...

      In AR-Cluster I do not have the BPQ-OCX option checked. I have always used the AGWPE interface.

      Since my last post I have made progress, I think i'm getting close, it's clear I need to be running the AGWtoBPQ app. I was getting an error when it was starting becuase it couldn't open a socket.

      Okay a few more details... I have AGW setup for port 8010 by the way, I used 8010 in AGW early on and decided to keep it that way for now. BPQ is talking to the AGW on 8010 because I can control the radio ports.

      I figured out I was getting the socket bind error because I had AGWtoBPQ setup for port 8010, in my rust to configure things, I thought it was to point to port 8010 where AGWPE is listening.

      I just fixed this... pointed AGWtoBPQ back to port 8000 and now it's starting up.

      Plus, now when I try to make a NETROM connect to AR-Cluster, I'm seeing a different message. I now get a CONNECT and then this message comes back:

      #BM96:W7EO-8} Connected to UTDXC:NC7J
      No AGWPE Host Sessions available
      #BM96:W7EO-8} Welcome back.

      Last night was the first time I have EVER looked at BPQ config files... so thanks for helping out here. :)

      On the AGW side, I have two radio ports... actually i'm using a Kan 9612, one 1200 baud port and a 9600 baud port on our Utah 9600 baud backbone freq.

      So in AGW I have 3 ports setup, the 1200 baud port, the 9600 baud port and a loopback port that I was using with Digiplex... the loop back is still in place. It sounds like it won't be required when I get this working? not sure...

      Ron, I'll send you the two config files below direct to your email. Don't laugh at my edits! It was a 1am session last night plowing through the configs for the first time. :)

      One last thing, AR-Cluster is set for the callsign NC7J obviously.

      I'll do some more research on the No AGWPE Host Sessions Available message too.

      Max NG7M

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

      > Max NG7M
      >
      > The BPQ32 to AR-Cluster setup is described in the BPQ32 Installation Document.
      >
      > Assuming you have read that I will bring up the essential points.
      >
      > You must in AR-Cluster Cfg>I/O Devices...>Input/Output Configuration select either BPQ-OCX or AGW PE|AGW to BPQ as the interface method. AR-Cluster will allow you to select both, but do not do so!
      >
      > If you choose BPQ-OCX as the interface method, then upon starting AR-Cluster will bring up BPQ32. If you choose AGW to BPQ as the interface method, you will have to manually start AGWtoBPQ.exe.
      >
      > In the BPQ-OCX interface method you do not have to select the Application Mask within BPQ32, it is hard coded in AR-Cluster to 0x1. That means that in your APPLICATIONS= string in bpqcfg.txt the first parameter must be used for AR-Cluster.
      >
      > For the AGWtoBPQ interface method you may use any position in the APPLICATIONS= string, but you must specify the corresponding applications mask for that position in the AGWtoBPQ program thus: Config>Configuration>Appl Mask. Since you have told us that your AR-Cluster application is in the first position in that string you would enter 0x1 in that location in the Configuration window.
      >
      > If you have done one or the other of the above the interface should work.
      >
      > I run two copies of AR-Cluster. My main cluster, N5IN, uses the AGWtoBPQ interface. My test cluster, N5IN-1, uses the OCX interface. I do this just to be sure for each new release that both interface methods continue to work.
      >
      > If you continue to have problems with this I will need to see your bpqcfg.txt and bpqaxip.cfg files.
      >
      > Ron N5IN

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic