1595Re: [BPQ32] Off the shelf 1.5mbs 900 MHz kits?

  • Mark
    Jan 31, 2009
      We ran some 900mhz full duplex links back in the late 90's over here.
      They worked well within a 25 mile range. The equipment including the
      beams and LMR cabling cost around $400 per end (if I remember right).
      At $500 per modem the ones you found seem a little pricey to me but I'd
      guess that's in the ball park at 'todays' costs for that type of
      equipment. If you are looking for high throughput over short paths I
      would think 900mhz is certainly a good choice.

      - Mark K2CAN