1538Re: [xrouter] Re: Xrouter <-> BPQ link over ethernet.

  • Peter Mallett
    Dec 31, 2008
      Danny wrote:
      Hi Mark.

      i already use BPQ32 for my ham bbs but problem is you cant drive SCC
      cards with it..

      John doesn't have an hdlc card to test it anymore.
      i used xrouter for my other bbs to drive the scc card but BPQdos
      manages the scc card better now i want to link the 2 together over
      ethernet.

      i know its possible with bpqnet driver to drive bpq aswell as an
      novell dos network becouse it uses both a difrent protocol.
      maybe when is use a hub or router and connect it it wil work but how
      to set up an bpq type ethernet port in xrouter i dont know.

      Danny.

      --- In xrouter@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

      If you are running the latest 32 bit version of
      BPQ (BPQ32 V 4.10.7) it has an AXIP driver built
      in. Just set up a port for AXIP, plug the nic
      into you router, etc.  and you are in business.

      - Mark K2CAN

      Danny wrote:

      Hello Group.

      I would like to link xrouter an bpq over ethernet.
      Is it possible to setup 2 ethernet ports in xrouter ?
      i have already used one card for inet node links but now i want

      to use

      xrouter only to link my bpq switch to inet.
      i have bpq configured with bpqnet packet driver or is it better

      to use

      odidrv for bpq?

      maybe someone has already done this before.

      any info would be nice.

      Danny.

      12/30/2008 12:06 PM

      Hi Danny,

                     I would agree with Mark as in an AXIP link would be the easiest, this is what I use for an AXIP link between Xrouter and Linux, the same would apply from Xrouter to BPQ32.

      I also use an SCC card in Xrouter driving 3 1200 Baud ports, Xrouter runs it very well.

      # Interface for the AXIP links
      #
      INTERFACE=11
                  TYPE=AXIP
                  MTU=512
      ENDINTERFACE
      #
      PORT=2
              ID=BAUBBS:ZL2BAU (LinFBB) - Waimate - NZ
              INTERFACENUM=11
              SYSOP=0
              QUALITY=255
              FRACK=1000