1401Re: Having problems getting BPQ to recognize KAM + (I think)

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Dec 5, 2008
      There is a program 'setkiss' in the files section which perhaps can
      put this device in KISS mode. After which it should remain in kiss
      mode through a power cycle, unless the internal battery is dead..which
      is a possibility.

      Some time ago I did search the net for other 'setkiss' programs and
      there are several. They have lots of options for the various tnc's
      and tend to be confusing.

      Again I have never heard of a tnc which will not retain kiss mode
      after being so set up...unless it's defective or the battery is dead.

      Ron, N5IN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "K.O. Higgs" <n0kfq@...> wrote:

      > I have use the KAM+ for many years and it does not fall out of kiss mode
      > upon loss of power (at least it does not for me).
      >
      > K.O. N0KFQ
      >
      > John Wiseman wrote:
      > >
      > > This issue has been ongoing for about 20 years!. When I first wrote
      > > the code I was not aware of any TNCs that could not the set to power
      > > up in KISS mode, and, as there were so many different ways of
      putting
      > > a TNC into KISS any programs that attempted to do it automatically
      > > caused more problems than they solved. I know not all authors have
      the
      > > same view, but I have not yet been convinced that my approach is
      > > wrong. I'm willing to listen to arguments, though!
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > John

      AGWPE is
      > > > started. But, how does one tell BPQ to send two commands to
      a TNC
      > > > when BPQ starts up?
      > > >
      > > > Howard
      > > >

      > --