1387Re: FBB installation

  • Howard Z.
    Dec 4, 2008
      Well, initially I had WinFBB as the first application.

      But, I read that AR-Cluster must be the first application, so I got
      WinFBB working as the 2nd application via the documented registry item
      for WinFBB. I have only tested it via BPQ Terminal - not over VHF radio.

      My current hurdle is trouble downloading AR-Cluster.
      It is not found at ftp://ftp.ab5k.net

      So, WinFBB, RMS Packet, and AR-Cluster
      These should be enough to play with.

      Howard.

      > Howard
      >

      > As I mentioned before you should place the FBB as the first
      application as
      > it doesn't require
      >
      > AGWPE, WinFbb 7.01 should go under Programs Files\ root, how ever the
      > BPQ.DLL in driver
      >
      > Section should find BPQ32 regardless where FBB is placed, this is
      assuming
      > you are still
      >
      > Using 7.01A and not the 7.00 Series. Please be sure to allocate FBB
      as the
      > first Port selection
      >
      > In any FBB, if 7.00 series is used the MUX needs to be set for the
      number of
      > Ports available
      >
      > In BPQ, if 4 ports including AXIP, MUX 4, if not a user may receive
      a BUSY
      > for the BPQ Switch.
      >

      > There are a couple of reasons that a user may receive Busy from BPQ, the
      > most common
      >
      > Is BPQ is not hearing the node via AXIP, I only bring this subject
      up as I
      > saw the question
      >
      > Come up a couple of Weeks a go.
      >

      > Mike Melnik N9PMO