      From: Lee Inman
      Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:19 AM
      Subject: [BPQ32] Initial setup help

      I've just begun with BPQ32 and need a little help with establishing a
      basic system.

      As a start I'd like to use a KPC-3+ TNC to set up a a BPQ node and use
      the BPQ terminal application to interact with it. I have installed
      BPQ32 using the installer from the files section. I'm using the "small"
      example configuration files and have edited the bpqcfg.txt file with
      what I think are the minimal settings I need to change (mainly just
      callsigns and aliases).

      I have compiled the config file and then started up BPQTerminal. At
      this point I don't see any activity at the TNC or the radio. I do see
      on the console window that port 01 was initialized (ASYNC).

      I can use a simple terminal like HyperTerm and control the TNC to
      perform packet connections, interact with mailboxes, etc. Obviously, I
      have missed something very important, but reading the install documents
      hasn't revealed it to me. Your assistance would be appreciated.

      73, Lee K0QED

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic