12046RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32

    Dec 20, 2013
      Ok, Peter.

      What is it you want to do?

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter - ZL2BAU
      Sent: 20 December 2013 11:14
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32

      On 20/12/13 23:20, John Wiseman wrote:

      Peter,

      Originally LinBPQ used pcap (the same as the Windows version), but I found the Kernel dies't see trasmitted packets, so I switch to using a TAP device. So LinBPQ  no longert supports the ADAPTER statement.

      I don't think the TAP setup is documented anywhere.. I have

      ip tuntap add bpqtap mode tap
      ifconfig bpqtap 44.131.4.18 mtu 256 up

      You can if needed create a BPQETHER device over the TAP. This allows LinBPQ ax.25 to talk to the Linux ax.25 stack

      modprobe bpqether

      ifconfig bpq2 hw ax25 g8bpq-1 up

      The inteface name may not be bpq2 - it depends on what other ethernet interfaces you have.

      Please be aware that IPDATEWAY isn't a router - it is a mac level bridge between IP over ax.25 and IP over Ethernet.

      73, John

      Hi John,

                 Thank you for the explanation, I think I may have to look at other options.

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic