1184RE: [BPQ32] Anyone still using IP over ax.25?

    Sep 9, 2008
      Misco,

      This should be possible, with the users running something like ka9q's NOS package, or possibly linux with the ax.25 stack configured.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Miroslav Skoric
      Sent: 09 September 2008 22:06
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Anyone still using IP over ax.25?

      John Wiseman wrote:

      > I've recently completed some work to add an IP-over-ax.25 to
      > IP-over-ethernet bridge to my bpq32 software, to provide telnet access
      > between the Internet and the MSYS bbs software. It would be reletively
      > simple to produce a more general router/bridge between IP-over-ax.25 and
      > IP-over-ethernet, but there wouldn't be much point if no-one uses IP over
      > ax.25 any more. Is there anyone who would find such software useful?

      Hi John,

      I might be interested in experimenting with access to my university's
      academic Internet connection - using IP-over-ax.25 connection. At the
      university side, there should be a BPQ node computer with an
      IP-over-ax.25 port and wired to their LAN over Ethernet. On the user's
      side, there should be an IP client software /a browser, email client or
      like/ being capable to run with ham radio hardware (kiss TNC or like,
      with/without another BPQ node if needed).

      Can you provide that feature?

      Regards,

      Misko YT7MPB

      > 73,