11803Re: [BPQ32] RPiBPQ32

  • Bob Tenty
    Nov 24, 2013
      Richard,

      Let say you attach com0 what is called ttyS0 in linux.

      kissattach /dev/ttyS0 radio 10.0.0.1  creates an ax25 interface ax0

      net2kiss -i ax0 /dev/ptys8 & (& makes it a back-round process)

      net2kiss converts a network AX.25 driver to a KISS stream on a pseudo-tty

      You attach the slave side ttys8 to your other packet program like Jnos or BPQ

      With this the ax25 ax0 interface can be accessed by the ax25 utillites like from your linux node
      but the data is copied and streamed from/to Jnos or BPQ and they can tx/rx also stream data to it.

      So the trick is that date is copied < > it is like a pipe.

      You can repeat this with the same ax25 network interface and another pseudo-tty.

      73,

      Bob

      On 13-11-24 09:23 AM, Richard wrote:

      Bob, in simple terms, what is interfacing the various Nodes (Jnos, Xnet, LinuxNode etc.) to the radios – BPQ ???

      Or are you interfacing the various nodes to the radios via the AX25 utilities ?? .. How is BPQ then linked to all this ??

      You state that BPQ and AX25 utilities are able to ‘directly’ connect to the radios .. How ?? .. How is it possible to have two controlling services ‘directly’ connected to the same radio ?? .. I understand if one uses BPQ ‘or’ AX25 utilities, that various services on the other side of BPQ ‘or’ AX25 utilities are then able to access the radios simultaneously … How does one connect BPQ ‘and’ AX25 utilities to the radios ??

      73, Dick