11785Re: [BPQ32] RPiBPQ32

  • Bob Tenty
    Nov 24, 2013

      >You

      say, let the AX25 utilities control the radios and then let services that require the radio(s) work via the AX25 utilities
      >Can BPQ work via the AX25 utilities to get to the radios
      ???

      Hi Dick,

      What you want to do and how to set it up is up to you.
      I only wanted to point out that it is possible that you can access for instance the radio (interface) directly from BPQ and the linux
      ax25 utilities (the linux node). The radio user can also directly access them in that way.
      Of course you also have to make it possible anyhow that you can access one node from the other.

      Here I made it possible that most of my nodes (Jnos, Xnet, Linux node, etc) can access the radio directly.
      They can also access all other nodes from each other.

      73,

      Bob VE3TOK

      On 13-11-24 04:22 AM, Richard wrote:

      Bob, thanks for responding - sorry for the delay in replying – been busy cleaning up (tweaking) the various services I have added to the Raspberry Pi …. Currently I have APRX (APRS server) and DX-Spider running on the RPi … RPiLinBPQ is installed and partially configured but disabled until I can clarify the way to go – see below ……..

      You say, let the AX25 utilities control the radios and then let services that require the radio(s) work via the AX25 utilities .. Can BPQ work via the AX25 utilities to get to the radios ???

      Can one not swap this idea around and let RPiLinBPQ control the radios (radios connected to BPQ) and then services that require using the radios, work via RPiLinBPQ instead ??? .. Is the mechanism available in BPQ to do this ??? .. Looking at the scenario I see that BPQ is the ‘main’ feature here with other services being accessed via BPQ (or if running in the background (like APRX/DXSpider) then BPQ allows them access to the radios) …

      Bottom line - which would the least messiest (most efficient) way be to implement all this ???

      73, Dick ZS6RO / ZS1RO / ZS0MEE / M0HMB