      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard
      Sent: 24 November 2013 09:23
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] RPiBPQ32

      Bob, thanks for responding - sorry for the delay in replying – been busy cleaning up (tweaking) the various services I have added to the Raspberry Pi …. Currently I have APRX (APRS server) and DX-Spider running on the RPi … RPiLinBPQ is installed and partially configured but disabled until I can clarify the way to go – see below ……..

      You say, let the AX25 utilities control the radios and then let services that require the radio(s) work via the AX25 utilities .. Can BPQ work via the AX25 utilities to get to the radios ???

      Can one not swap this idea around and let RPiLinBPQ control the radios (radios connected to BPQ) and then services that require using the radios, work via RPiLinBPQ instead ??? .. Is the mechanism available in BPQ to do this ??? .. Looking at the scenario I see that BPQ is the ‘main’ feature here with other services being accessed via BPQ (or if running in the background (like APRX/DXSpider) then BPQ allows them access to the radios) …

      Bottom line - which would the least messiest (most efficient) way be to implement all this ???

      73, Dick ZS6RO / ZS1RO / ZS0MEE / M0HMB