11743Fw: [HeathKit_HFAmps] KIDS CAN TALK TO SANTA ON 3916 NETS

  • Daryll Webb
    Nov 17, 2013
      Thought u might like this

      Buster kg9nd 89-620
      EC_Indiana_Races@yahoogroups.com

      On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:49 PM, "amazingthomsonboys@..." <amazingthomsonboys@...> wrote:

      For the 8th consecutive year, the 3.916 Nets will be giving good boys and girls a chance to talk to Santa Claus via the magic of ham radio. The '3916 Santa Nets' will be held on 15 different evenings starting Friday, November 29 through Christmas Eve, December 24th. The Santa Nets are open to all licensed amateur radio operators who wish to invite kids to their shack to talk to Santa. Third party rules will apply.

      Pete Thomson (KE5GGY), commented on The 3916 Santa Nets. He said, "Christmas is our favorite time of year on The 3916 Nets. Each year on the Santa Nets we are blown away by the response. It's incredible to hear the excitement in kids' voices as they talk to Santa Claus on Ham Radio. Once again this year we'll be having 15 different Santa Nets on 3.916 MHz. This should give everyone a chance to get involved." Thomson added that The Santa Nets are a great way to let kids experience both the magic of Christmas and amateur radio. He said, "We encourage hams to get their kids, grand kids and even neighbor kids into their shacks to participate in the Santa Net. The kids love talking to Santa and we get an opportunity to show a young person how amateur radio works."

      Each evening, The 3916 Santa Net will start at 8:30 PM (Central) on 3.916 MHz. Pre-net check-ins will be taken on the air starting at 8:15 PM. You can also do a pre-net check in by emailing ke5ggy@....

      Below is a schedule of the 2013 Santa Nets on 3.916 Mhz. Net Starts at 8:30 PM (Central)

      Friday, November 29
      Saturday, November 30

      Tuesday, December 3
      Thursday, December 5