11055RMS Express bug

  • n5mdt
    Jul 16, 2013
      John,

      When using RMS Express to attach to BPQ32/Windows and checking a packet RMS Server I will sometimes get a normal error returned, such as.

      *** Aborting script due to response: MONTCO:N5MDT-13} BUSY FROM NK5Z-10

      Then the normal disconnect. Then if I immediately do another connect attempt I will get a duplicate error message even if the attempt was to a completely different RMS Server. i.e.

      *** Attempting to open packet script: C:\RMS Express 3\N5MDT\Scripts_WL2K\nk5z.txt
      *** Starting connection script with 4 connect/response lines and 0 command lines.
      *** Initial connection node for packet script is N5MDT-13
      *** Opening serial port COM2; 9600 baud; KISS
      *** Looking for 'CONNECTED' in: CONNECTED

      *** Found connection response: CONNECTED

      *** Sending script line 3: C 5 NK5Z-10 V CONROE
      C 5 NK5Z-10 V CONROE
      *** Aborting script due to response: MONTCO:N5MDT-13} BUSY FROM NK5Z-10

      *** Aborting connection script.
      *** Terminating connection script.
      *** Sending Bye to drop the connection.
      *** Disconnected
      *** Disconnect reported.

      *** Attempting to open packet script: C:\RMS Express 3\N5MDT\Scripts_WL2K\W5KAM-10.txt
      *** Starting connection script with 4 connect/response lines and 0 command lines.
      *** Initial connection node for packet script is N5MDT-13
      *** Opening serial port COM2; 9600 baud; KISS
      *** Aborting script due to response: MONTCO:N5MDT-13} BUSY FROM NK5Z-10
      CONNECTED

      *** Aborting connection script.
      *** Terminating connection script.
      *** Sending Bye to drop the connection.
      *** Disconnected
      *** Disconnect reported.

      Note that the first connect attempt was to NK5Z-10 which ended with the error message BUSY FROM NK5Z-10 and the second attempt was to W5KAM-10 which also ended with the error message BUSY FROM NK5Z-10

      If I make two successful connect attempts back to back like that all appears normal. If one ends in an error then I would have to end the packet session and restart it to continue or else it will always retain the prior error.

      Do you see anything wrong with my method here?

      Thanks
      Mark
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic