      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Darryl
      Sent: 09 July 2013 23:20
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: RMS Express via BPQ (pi)

      John,
      Does that imply I need another physical TNC or, use a virtual TNC?

      right now, i have the following ports defined:

      1 - KISS (TNC-X on VHF)
      3 - telnet
      4 - AXIP

      thanks for the guidance!

      Darryl

      > Darryl,
      >
      > You
      connect the socat serial port to a second KISS port on LinBPQ.

      [BPQ32] Re: RMS Express via BPQ (pi)

      Hi John,
      > I have socat and HW Virtual serial port installed.
      > I've
      defined a port on my PC and directed it to my PI (192.168.0.146 port

      23146).

      > that's where I'm stuck.
      >
      > I know I need
      to create a TCP listener using socat on the pi that listens to
      > port
      23146, but, where does the output go? I can't directly access the TNC-X

      since BPQ has that com port open (COM1). I need to direct it to somewhere in
      > the BPQ switch, but, dont know where.
      >
      > Any
      advise?

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
      <john.wiseman@> wrote:

      > > Darryl,
      > >
      > > If you add
      > >
      > > RELAYAPPL=BBS
      > >
      > > to your Telnet Config on the pI, it will accepts connects from RMS
      Express
      > > configured with an RMS Relay address of the pi, and pass it
      to the BBS.
      > The
      > > BBS can accept the messages, and pass them
      out again via your radio ports.
      > > Unfortunately when I tested this
      yerterday, I found that there is a
      > problem
      > > with this on the
      PI. It seems to loose the first char of the call. I'm
      > > investigating
      this, and hope ot have a fix later today.

      > > From what I
      understand from your message, you would prefer the connects
      > from
      > > RMS express to go straight out on an RF port to a CMS server, and not
      go
      > > through the PI BBS. I don't think the existing RELAYAPPL code
      would allow
      > > this, but I will check into it. The simplest way to
      achieve this is to run
      > > a serial tunnel between the machines, and
      connect RMS Express to the PI
      > over
      > > it. RMS Express could
      then use your radio ports. This requires you to
      > > install addtional
      software on the PC. I tested this last night using HW
      > > Group's
      Virtual Serial Port -
      href="http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download">http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download>

      href="http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download">http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html#download . This is
      > > simple enough to install, and according to their docs
      works on all Windows
      > > versions, including 64 bit Win8. This links to
      socat running on the PI.
      > This
      > > works fine. If you are
      interested in trying this approach, I'll put
      > together
      > > some
      instructions.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
      > [mailto:
      > Of

      Darryl
      > > Sent: 04 July 2013 02:32
      > > To:
      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: RMS
      Express via BPQ (pi)

      > > Well, maybe I'm not understanding something correctly.
      > >
      > > I have a working bpq switch running on the pi with bbs and
      chat.
      > > Ports enabled are: axip, telnet, VHF packet.
      > >
      > > That is working great.
      > >
      > > I also have a
      windows 7 machine (or two) with rms express installed. Since
      > > my tnc
      and radio are now connected to the pi, I want to leverage that

      infrastructure and have rms express send my rms messages VIA the pi.

      > > For a rms express telnet session, the only option provided is
      to be able
      > > specify an "RMS Relay" by IP address. I've
      tried putting the ip of the pi
      > in
      > > that (as well as the the
      ip port number of the telnet bpq port) to no
      > avail.
      > >
      > > I am not running an RMS Server, as, my packet station doesn't run
      24 hrs a
      > > day yet.
      > >
      > > I basically want to pi
      to proxy the rms connection to the worldwide cams
      > > servers.
      > >
      > > Does that better explain what I am attempting to
      design?

      > > 73, Darryl
      > >
      > > --- In
      BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

      <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , Clayton
      <clayton_n4ev@> wrote:

      > > > You can do it
      all on the Pi with BPQ. Even have a chat node. I have it
      > > running
      here and all
      > > > I do is connect to the node(Pi) and type BBS, or
      RMS, or CHAT. Does it
      > > all with no moving
      > > > parts,
      other computers or ????