10940Re: TNC Reset

  • KU4GW Cliff
    Jul 6, 2013
      When my MFJ 1270B TNC 2 drops out of KISS mode like it has a couple times, just the other day when I called my daughter and had her to unhook coaxes on my HF station because of a approaching thunderstorm, she also unplugged the TNC power cord from the wall and when I restarted everything when I got home it was out of KISS mode and wouldn't connect to anything on my RF port 1. KF4LLF Seth showed me this a while back. You can download Outpost Packet Message Manager and go to the start menu in Windows under All Programs and click on Outpost, Ipserial, and then just type KISS ON in the window and hit the enter key and it puts the TNC back in KISS mode. You don't actually see what your typing when you type KISS ON, but after you do and hit enter it displays KISS mode on in the Outpost Ipserial window. Then just close Outpost and restart the BPQ software. Works like a charm!

      Very 73,
      Cliff KU4GW
      Sysop: BRTMTN:KU4GW-7

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:
      > My TNC 2 which is on the VHF port, keeps dropping out of KISS mode.
      > Is there any way to reset the TNC without taking down the whole BBS?
      > 73
      > Dave
      > WB2HVF
    • Show all 89 messages in this topic