1094Re: BPQ & the PK-900

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Jul 13 6:34 AM
      In posting #1049 John suggested there might be a possibility DRSI
      cards might work with Win98, however nobody appears to have reported
      trying.

      Another possibility would be to use a MFJ1270C with John's JKISS code.
      The 1270C has a switch on the rear to switch between a radio rate of
      1200 and 300 baud. This is almost certain to work.

      The trick will be finding a 1270C...they have become rare...with luck
      you could find one on eBay.

      Long ago I had a PK900 and recall they were buggy.

      Ron, N5IN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "David Calder n4zkf" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

      > Yesterday I gave up on the PK 900. I don't know what it is but have
      not had
      > long forwarding session on 14.098 since I put it online. I ordered a
      dual
      > core
      > motherboard with ISA slots and I'm going back to DRSI.
      >
      > I never did like anything else better. I'm dumping this version of
      FBB also.
      > Too many bugs. It copies people into the users multiple times, ect.
      After
      > 20 years of running this thing I thought about dumping it but Jerry has
      > talked
      > me out of it. The BPQ works great. 4.10.4 Did I not see in the messages
      > a interface file from John or someone to make this version work with
      DRSI's?

      > Thanks 73 Dave
      > n4zkf
      > www.n4zkf.com
      >

      > _____

      Of Ron
      > Stordahl
      > Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:37 PM
      > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [BPQ32] BPQ & the PK-900
      >

      > With respect to the PK900, it has to be something in it's firmware
      that is
      > switching, or not saving the radio baud rate. BPQ32 would have
      nothing to
      > do with that. All BPQ32 can do in this regard is set the baud rate
      of the
      > computers serial port, which it is obviously doing correctly.
      >
      > Now on to your second paragraph...you say that "AR nodes want to be the
      > 'main' application". I think what you are referring to is the
      AR-Cluster
      > application needs to be the first positional parameter in the
      APPLICATIONS
      > parameter string? This is true if you are using the BPQ-OCX interface.
      > AR-Cluster sets this as 0x1 and you cannot do anything about it.
      That could
      > be satisfactory if your additional applications can be set for other
      than
      > the first position. If your only other application is FBB, it can
      be set as
      > position two (0x2).
      >
      > As an alternative you could use the AGWtoBPQ interface to AR-Cluster, in
      > which case you can set the applications mask as you wish, and thus
      > AR-Cluster will not be tied down to the first position.
      >
      > This is described in detail in my Installation Document which is
      part of the
      > current BPQ32 installer release.
      >
      > Ron, N5IN

      I also
      > have BPQ and FBB working on the same computer as my DX Cluster nodes.
      > I'd like to be able to access the nodes thru BPQ but AR node wants
      to be the
      > "main" application.
      >

      > 73 Dave
      > n4zkf
      >

      > _____

      NETROM
      > Calls and Aliases. I'm not aware of any other applications which
      have to be
      > APPL 1.

      When you
      > add FBB, you need to tell it to use Application 2, You should
      probably also
      > change the BBSCALL to mach the ARCluster callsign.
      >

      > 73,
      >
      > John G8BPQ

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic