      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ws7ik7tj@...
      Sent: 20 June 2013 17:52
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Out of date RMS version

      Pretty odd. I added the CMS command in the telnet section and it prompty stopped working.

      6.0.2.1 and it works fine without the commands. But stops with the mesage that you indicated. Even went to their site and created an account for ws7i-10 with a password.

      About ready to just delete RMS stuff on my system. Too painful to deal with it seems to me. And I can do without it.

      WS7I

      > The only released version of
      bpq32 that supports it is 6.0.2.x

      > Some test versions of bpq32,
      and some 6.0.1.x versions of linbpq do, but I
      > can't remember the lowest
      that does. If the CMSCALL param is rejected, then
      > the version you have
      doesn't support it.

      > 73, John
      >
      > _____

      [BPQ32] Re: Out of date RMS version

      Hi John

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
      <john.wiseman@> wrote:

      > > Important info for people
      using the CMS Telnet option to access the WL2K
      > > system
      > >
      > > Info on this has been send a few times, but as the deadline
      is
      > approaching,
      > > it is worth repeating
      > >
      > > If you use BPQ32 or LinBPQ to access the CMS Servers via the "CMS
      Telnet"
      > > feature, this will not work after
      > > 30th June
      2013 unless you enable the Secure Logon Mechanism. This version

      of
      > > BPQ32 supports Secure Login

      enable Secure Login you need to add two lines to your Telnet Server

      Config.

      > > CMSCALL=CALLSIGN ; CMS Access Callsign (with
      SSID if used)
      > > CMSPASS=XXXXXXX ; Secure CMS Password
      > >
      > > CMSCALL should be set to the callsign+ssid used to access the RMS
      Gateway
      href="http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions">http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions>

      href="http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions">http://www.winlink.org/WMInstructions for details of how to retrieve
      > > your password, or set one if you
      don't have one,

      > > All gateway stations also need to be
      authorised by the WL2K team. Gateways
      > > that were active when the new
      system
      > > was first introduced should have been enabled automatically,
      but if not
      > you
      > > may need to request access.
      > >
      > > If you can't access the CMS after enabling Secure Access check
      the
      > > CMSAccess_yyyymmdd.log file in your BPQ32
      > > folder
      for any error messages.

      > > Feedback from useres who have
      tried to update suggests that quite a number
      > > of current gateways
      have not been authorised by WL2K. If your's hasn't,
      > you

      will get a message similar to the following in the CMS Access log.

      > > 00:14:04 5 *** [01000-006] - XXXXX-10 is not an authorized Winlink
      gateway
      > -
      > > Disconnecting
      > >
      > > BPQ32
      6.0.2.x supports Secure Login.

      > > LinBPQ/MacBPQ have
      supported it for a while, but if you have an old
      > version,

      the latest can be downloaded from

      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/linbpq

      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/pilinbpq

      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/mac">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/mac
      href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/macbpq> bpq

      k7ilo@
      > > Sent: 20 June 2013 01:02
      > > To:
      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Out of
      date RMS version

      > > Hey John, group
      > >
      > > I received an email from the
      Winlink group stating that my version of RMS
      > is
      > > out of date
      which I run bpq, mac version. There are a few bpq users on
      href="http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions">http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions Just
      > > wondering if this means anything to use running the bpq
      version.

      > > Harold
      > > K7ILO

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic