      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of g4fvg
      Sent: 15 May 2013 07:55
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] UIview32 not transmitting with BPQ32_6.0.1.1_20130322 [3]

      Thanks John for your information and to Ron KG6HSQ for his own confirmation in the last ten days or so, in message nr 10496.

      It would appear as though only two stations are using UIview32 with BPQ32 and with only my system not working with version 6.0.1.1, I'll have to stick with 5.2.9.1 :-(

      Perhaps my UIview will work with the next upgrade version, as and when. I'll certainly try it! :-)

      = = = =

      In the meantime, would I be safe to over-install 6.0.1.1, copy the BPQAPRS files from that version; over-install 5.2.9.1 and paste the new BPQAPRS files over the top of the old BPQAPRS files??

      Hopefully, by doing this, I can use the newer BPQAPRS with the older BPQ32 version... [or are there too many non-compatible changes between the two versions??]

      Thanks again,
      Mike

      --- John wrote:

      > I've just found UIView32 on this system, and it seems to be
      working as well

      > Is anyone else having problems with V6 and
      UIView32 - or even
      > running it successfully?
      >
      > _____
      >
      > Mike wrote on 03 May 2013 15:28
      > Subject: [BPQ32]
      UIview32 not transmitting with BPQ32_6.0.1.1_20130322 [2]

      > Hello
      John and the group,

      > Many thanks for your prompt/timely reply -
      much appreciated [as is
      > all the work that you have done with BPQ32 in
      the past few
      > months/years!]
      >
      > Just to check my
      installation, I 'over-installed' 5.2.9.1 on top of
      > 6.0.1.1 and UIview
      transmits as before [along with BPQ32 terminal,
      > Winpack, BPQ terminal
      in Winpack and BPQAPRS messaging]. All OK.

      > Then tried 6.0.1.1
      again, restarted computer, then clicked on
      > BPQHostmode to call the
      console screen up. Using the separate
      > terminal window, normal
      connection requests/transmissions occur.
      > BPQAPRS is also OK with
      messages being acknowledged.
      > These tests were done without UIview being
      loaded.

      > However when UIview is loaded after the above, UIView32 once
      again
      > does not transmit anything, but happily receives incoming
      data.
      > With UIview still loaded, Winpack IS transmitting OK, as is
      BPQAPRS.

      > From the above, it appears as though something has
      changed with
      > the way that 6.0.1.1 exchanges information with UIView
      [ONLY],
      > compared to 5.2.9.1 ???
      > [All my BPQ files have remained
      the same, all I do is just to
      > double click on the .exe installer files;
      I'm a simple plug and
      > play operator!!!]
      >

      > I'm
      willing to try anything else - in the meantime, I'll go back to

      > [for info, I prefer UIview's station tracking feature and
      its
      > messaging, compared to BPQAPRS. But the BPQAPRS online maps are
      > great!! ]
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic