10458RE: [BPQ32] Integrated BBS?

  • Robert F Jarvis
    May 1, 2013

      Thanks John. Hated to bother you with all you’ve got going on but I trolled all over the place for this stuff.

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Wiseman
      Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:54 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Integrated BBS?

      The BBS is included - to activate it, either add the line

      to bpq32.cfg, or run linbpq with a parameter of mail. - id ./linbpq mail

      The are two steps to configuration. Add an APPLICATION line to bpq32.cfg - this will allow users to connect ro the bbs. Then configure the BBS using the web management interface. If you are running a gui on the pi, point the browser to (or whatever you've set HTTPPORT to. Then you wont need a password. If you are accessing it remotely (eg with ssh), enter the machines ip address:8080. You will have to sign in (using the user/password from the Telnet Server config) to access the main config pages.

      Once the BBS is configured, you have to restart LinBPQ to pick up the change.