      From: Neil Hughes <netlink@...>
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 5:43 AM
      Subject: [BPQ32] TNC KISS Init utility

      Has anyone got a little tnc KISS init utility that will handle virtual com
      ports?

      I'm running a pair of Elcomm USB uTNTs tnc on a remote WL2K VHF/UHF RMS
      Packet station.

      These little USB tncs drop out of KISS into Command mode each time the
      computer restarts, and have to be manually placed in KISS before starting
      BPQ32. The commands I need are "KISS ON" and "RESTART", then the tncs look
      like TNC2s.

      The TNC Init utilities that are in the "BPQ32 Files" section are quite old
      and will only work with hardware addresses, not virtual com ports (COM3,
      COM4).

      I could use AGW Packet Engine to handle the two USB tncs, then (I think?)
      run the BPQ32 to AGWPE interface, but that seems messy.

      Thanks.

      Neil
      VE1YZ
      Winlink Development Team