10290Re: Chat questions

  • wavetel1
    Apr 1, 2013
      Harold,

      I know what your saying. But I dont know for sure. Maybee John knows . If its hard coded into the server then whats the point of the keepalive feature ? There seems to be another timer apart from the keepalive one comming into play and it completely disconnects the node and not just the chat server. So that makes me think theres another timer in the BPQ config.
      It would be good if one could sit there and use the keepalive feature to just monitor a chat without having to make a comment every 2 hours to keep it connected. Perhaps this does not make sense to some folks but it does to me.

      regards
      Tony Vk5ah

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Harold Kinchelow <k7ilo1@...> wrote:

      > Tony, I believe the disconnect timer is hard coded in the chat server.
      >
      > Sent from a smartphone. Owner makes typo's for sure.
      > On Mar 31, 2013 6:36 PM, "wavetel1" <wavetel@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Mike,
      > > Thanks for the clue on editing the telnet config. That works now.
      > >
      > > Some more questions on the chat server. Ive found that after 7200 seconds
      > > or 2 hrs that you are forcibly disconnected from the server. This may well
      > > be a function of the Node connection rather than the Chat server. I have
      > > Keepalive enabled and this is working.
      > > I can not see where abouts in the configs that 2 hrs or 7200 seconds comes
      > > into play that it would disconnect.
      > > Any ideas ?
      > > Also is there a way that I can arrange for users to connect directly into
      > > the chat server on login to the node without having to type "chat" ? That
      > > would be a handy thing.
      > > Ive been using BPQ32 for years but never played with these features really.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Tony VK5AH
      > >
      > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mmelnik1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Tony
      > > >
      > > > For you to log in to the chat server or mail server via web, you need to
      > > > edit
      > > > You bpq32 telnet user as follows:
      > > > USER=call,password,call,"",SYSOP
      > > >

      > > > Mike N9PMO