      From: Michael A. Ellithorp <kilofox6obi@...>
      To: "BPQ32@yahoogroups.com" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 12:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [BPQ32]RMS Express connection issue

      Dave,

      Good morning to you, and thank you for responding with this information! I am into the site that you provided and am doing some research on Outpost. Do you find it easier for your group to use Outpost over other packet methods? Are you able to modify the message templates for your local use. I see that they are set up for Santa Clara County. Reason I ask is that each county has different requirements.

      I know about HSMM-MESH and have three nodes almost ready to go. Project had to be side lined for a couple of years, but plan on dusting it off soon. I would be interested in hearing how you plan on setting up your multi-mode ERC network. I am looking at setting up some kind of hub system here for my ARES group to use here in the county. We support our county health department as the county EOC, the Sheriff's office, thinks they do not need any back up to the back up. The health department does however and they are writing us into their communications plan. There is future plan to tie 13 Northern California counties health departments together. This will be a monumental project.

      When you got back to doing packet what program did you use, and what program do you use now? I have not ever done packet, am just learning, and finding that a lot of programs are old and not supported any more.

      Thanks for your help and have a blessed week!

      73, Michael, kf6obi

      Emergency Coordinator
      Glenn County ARES
      1030 Pacific Avenue