FS: Panasonic "track" bike

  • Doug Van Cleve
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      HiBOB.

      I have too many bikes sitting around and some
      purchases I would like to make in the next year, so I
      am offering up this interesting bike...

      Panasonic "track" bike. Very lightly used, probably
      from the early 80s. 56x56 cm (C-T). Lugged metallic
      black cro-mo frame and flat crown fork (not sure if it
      is double butted). Sunshine mid flange flip-flop rear
      hub with Araya double walled double eyeleted rim (4x
      galvanized spokes). Front wheel rebuilt by me using
      original rim (same as front) and NOS Suntour XC Pro
      Grease Guard hub with 14/15 Sapim spokes, 3x. I
      retensioned the rear myself using the Jobst technique
      (increase tension until it gets a little wobbly then
      release tension to true). Cranks are 165mm Sugino
      Super Maxy with swaged on 48T 1/8" chainring. Bar is
      narrow Nitto crit/track bend with nice crest and Nitto
      stem (2 to choose from). I don't think it has had
      brakes mounted, but it is drilled front and rear for
      nutted brakes (no braze-ons). No seat, bar tape or
      cog (don't have a 1/8 cog available). $300

      I have some pictures I can send out right away and I
      can take other on request. Shipping not included, but
      I will do my best to keep the cost low. I can supply
      a nut mount Tiagra dual pivot front brake for a
      reasonable amount and I also have a single 'cross type
      lever (for that no-brakes-on-the-hooks-look) that I
      will also give a great deal on. Depending on what
      type of seat you like I can probably help out there
      too...

      Thanks, Doug

      http://shopping.yahoo.com