Re: [BOBishBikesFS] Digest Number 301

  • Jack Keoshian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2003
      BOBs and Bob,

      You can get a shim to allow use of a threaded stem
      intended for one inch steerers with your 1 1/8"
      steerer. My Burley tandem came with one of these
      installed. Works just fine... As for the need for
      the hole/pulley on the stem itself, can't you also use
      a cable stop that clamps to the stem quill? I have
      several bikes with cantilever brakes now using the
      clamp-on cable stops, since the replacement headsets
      all seemed to have significantly more stack height.

      Just trying to give you a few more stem options....

      Cheers,

      -Jack

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com