C.Itoh

  • cyclodan_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2003
      Anyone have any info, on this brand? Is there a relation to
      Bridgestone? Thanx, Dan.
    • Michael Sawyers
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        "C.Itoh
        Brand name used by Bridgestone in the early '70s. These were pretty
        crummy bikes"
        From Sheldon Brown's site.

        Anyone have any info, on this brand? Is there a relation to
        Bridgestone? Thanx, Dan.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • mcjjj
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
          You know, I've heard this quoted (from Sheldon and others) about a million times, and the bikes are just not that bad. It's no worse than the mid-range Bridgestones of that era. I think that the C Itoh name got a bad rap somewhere along the line, or someone associated the bike with the photocopier by the same name...who knows. But the one I have is a rather good rider. Standard Huret/Alvit Universal components, but aside from being on the heavier side, the bike has a level of quality similar to a UO8. The welds are good and the geometry is comfortable.
          Brand name used by Bridgestone in the early '70s. These were pretty
          crummy bikes"
          >From Sheldon Brown's site.

          Anyone have any info, on this brand? Is there a relation to
          Bridgestone? Thanx, Dan.

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor