3Rensho Specialized Allez, 60cm - $500 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006

      3Rensho Specialized Allez, 60cm - $500 (berkeley west)

      Reply to: sale-139590621@...
      Date: 2006-03-06, 3:25PM PST

      Beautiful 1983 Specialized Allez made by Yoshi Konno of San Rensho. I got this
      from a guy who's brother had worked at Specialized in the early '80s. It shows
      all the markings of these cult bikes: the lugs filed and sanded to impossibly
      thin points, the San Rensho fork crown, the bright, candy apple red paint,
      Campagnolo dropouts.
      To find out more about San Rensho who, after a car accident, is no longer
      building frames: http://www.yellowjersey.org/konno.html

      Frame measures 60cm c to t, 58cm top tube c to c, 34" standover. A couple tiny
      chips in the razor thin lugs and a few more in the paint, some touched up with
      an imperfect match. I'd give the overall appearance an 8 out of 10.

      Full Suntour Superbe Pro group except the Shimano aero levers. Sweet original
      Superbe hubs laced to newer Mavic Open Pros with Michelin Axial tires.Selle
      Italia leather saddle. Original Specialized (Nitto) bars and stem. Includes a
      little saddle bag and pump. The bike seems to naturally accelerate like no
      other I've felt, yet it's rock solid. A very sweet ride.

      Call Matt at 510-848-1001.

      http://www.craigslist.org/eby/bik/139590621.html