Handbuilt 56cm Fixed Gear (Fat City), very special - $1250 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 1:56 PM

      Handbuilt 56cm Fixed Gear, very special - $1250 (fairfax)

      Reply to: sale-139846686@...
      Date: 2006-03-07, 12:05PM PST

      This bike is special.

      I built the frame while I was working for Fat City Cycles. 57cm top tube, 56cm
      seat tube. The fork is a prototype fork that resembles the infamous 'big one
      inch' fork. only one of these forks exist and this is it. the frame is
      basically a 56cm slim chance using columbus SPX tubes and campy pista drop
      outs. This is one stiff and tough bike.

      The bars have been hand wrapped with thick leather. I cut and stiched the
      leather myself. this is the only way to make crashproof bar wrap.

      The bike has been well ridden. it has no problems at all other than some
      scratchs in the paint and some light rust. a new paint job would make this bike
      look new again.

      I really do not want to part with this bike, but i will probably not ride it in
      earnest again and it is taking up valuable space that i need for bikes i do
      ride. it is time it had another owner.

      PARTS:
      Suntour Superbe Pro Track Cranks, 165mm, 48t ring
      Suntour Superbe Pro Track Hubs, High flange
      Suntour Superbe Pro front brake, non-aero lever
      Suntour Superbe Pro cog, 16t or 17t, includes 13t & 14t NOS
      Suntour XC Pro Pedals, medium clips
      Chris King Headset
      DT spokes and alloy nipples
      Sella Italia Flite Ti Gel saddle
      Shimano UN72 BB
      Shimano Deore XT Seatpost
      Cinelli bars and stem
      Continental tires

      Please: serious interest only should respond. my name is pete and my phone # is
      415-6686-0257 otherwise, e-mail me

      http://www.craigslist.org/nby/bik/139846686.html