80's Guerciotti: c-t: 22.5in/58.3cm

  • Cycletruck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2003
      80's Guerciotti

      Seat tube c-t: 22.5in/58.3cm
      Top tube c-c: 22.375/57cm

      Very good condition.
      I wish it weren't too short for me.

      The color is like a deep raspberry sherbet.
      NOT purple--too muted & red.
      You might also call it a gray magenta.
      Detail is in yellow.
      Lots of decals--some clear coated some not.
      The paint, however, has been chipped in several places.
      The most obnoxious chipped spot is on the top tube.
      The previous owner had carefully covered it
      with a Power Bar sticker
      which was a near-perfect color match.
      --but I couldn't leave well enough alone.
      I wanted to be sure it wasn't covering
      a dent or a dig...it wasn't.
      The color is not a metallic so
      it should be easy to retouch
      with an airbrush.

      The frame is straight, true, and unabused.
      No Columbus sticker, but it is very light
      and the previous owner told me it is
      Columbus SL.

      Nice lugwerk.
      All chrome fork.
      Crown engraved with star & "G".
      Seat stay plugs engraved.
      Paulo Guerciotti's signature on top tube.
      Star cut out of bottom bracket.

      Appears to be identical to the model
      shown in "The High-Tech Bicycle".

      Campy hubs, rear derailleur,
      shifters and binding bolt.
      Modolo brakes and aero levers.
      Cinelli bars & stem(?) which has
      a couple of grooves
      in the front of the quill.
      Trek saddle and post.
      Mavic G40 rims. Conti tires.
      Shimano 600 front derailleur.
      Specialized chain rings.
      I don't recognize the crank.
      Pedals are junk.
      $450 OBO. (Or off it goes to Ebay)

      I'd sure prefer not to ship this one.
      If I need to I'll likely use two boxes
      which will make it easier
      to protect the contents
      from damage.
      I will deliver it if you're
      only a few hours from Kansas City.
      Or if you are somewhere between
      Kansas City and Louisville.
      Or KC and Memphis.

      Feel free to ask about additional particulars.
      Pictures will be available as soon I figure
      how to download them from the camera.

      Calvert Guthrie
      Kansas City Missouri
      <A HREF="mailto:Cycletruck@...">Cycletruck@...</A>
      LMK if you'd like to communicate by phone.