FS in Berkeley: Enhanced RB-2

  • Mitchell Gass
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2003
      For Sale:

      1994 Bridgestone RB-2 road bike, 57.5 cm center-to-top (55.7 C-C), 57.5 cm
      C-C top tube, 73.5 head angle, 73 seat angle. I purchased this new,
      replaced all the components with nicer ones (see below), and then decided
      after a couple of test rides that it does not fit me well. I want to see if
      anyone is interested in buying it complete before taking it apart and
      selling the parts and frame separately. All components except the wheels
      and saddle were new when installed. There's a picture at

      http://www.participatorydesign.com/eBay/BridgestoneRB2.JPG

      It includes

      - Mavic 631 170mm road crankset with triple adapter, Stronglight 49- and
      46-tooth outer chainrings (for half-step gearing) and 28-tooth
      stainless-steel inner chainring

      - Phil Wood bottom bracket

      - Stronglight roller-bearing headset with seals and replaceable bearings
      and races

      - SunTour Superbe Pro single-pivot brake calipers with internal springs

      - SunTour Superbe Pro aero brake levers

      - SunTour Superbe Pro switchable index/friction downtube shift levers

      - SunTour Superbe Pro front derailleur

      - SunTour XC Pro medium-cage rear derailleur

      - Ritchey/Nitto CroMo stem

      - TTT handlebar

      - Wheels with Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo large flange hubs, Mavic MA2 36-hole
      rims, DT stainless spokes, and 12-28 7-speed freewheel (provides
      wide-range, closely spaced gears with the half-step chainrings)

      - Ritchey/Nitto cold-forged seatpost

      - Avocet saddle

      - MKS pedals with toe clips and straps

      - Blackburn frame-fit pump

      - 2 King stainless-steel water-bottle cages

      - Bottle of Bridgestone factory touch-up paint

      - Inside of frame treated with J.P. Weigle FrameSaver rust inhibitor before
      reassembly

      The hoods on the SunTour Superbe Pro brake levers are cracking, and I don't
      have replacements. I can include a pair of SunTour Superbe non-aero levers
      in excellent condition as part of the deal.

      The paint got a few scuffs in storage, which I've touched up with the
      factory touch-up paint.

      $900 firm, buyer must pick it up in Berkeley, CA (no shipping).

      Thanks!

      Mitchell Gass
      Berkeley, CA