FS: Rivendell Mountain

  • Jerry Dischler
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2003
      Hello all,

      It's been probably a year since I have been on the BOB list, so hello to
      all those I missed for the past year.

      As it turns out, I am moving from sunny Oakland, CA to sometimes-sunny
      Philadelphia, PA. I am going back to school and will be needing some
      cash, so will need to sell one of my prized possessions. Here is a

      Rivendell Mountain Expedition Bike
      Large (roughly 20.5") frame
      Army-green metallic paint (no cream headtube)
      Waterford-built lugged Reynolds steel

      Parts complement:
      -Ritchey Logic Triple crankset, 175mm
      -Suntour Alpha-5000 front derailleur
      -Suntour XC-Pro short cage rear derailleur
      -Sachs 7-speed freewheel
      -Dia Compe 986 brakes and Dia Compe road levers
      -Rivendell-built wheels with Sun CR-18 32-spoke rims laced to a Suntour
      front hub and a Phil rear hub
      -Geax Hubi semislick tires, and a spare set of Panaracer Paselas
      (unused!)
      -Nitto moustache bars
      -Cinelli cast stem of some sort (short yet heavy)
      -Tange Rollerball headset
      -Suntour Power Ratchet bar-con shifters
      -Silver Thompson seatpost
      -WTB SST-K saddle
      -Shimano sealed bottom bracked (BB-UN72)
      -Silver Silca frame pump

      Condition is well-used but not abused. There is some touch-up paint due
      to chainsuck at where the chainstay meets the inner ring. There are no
      dents and the frame is straight and true. The rear wheel has one flat
      spot that cannot be trued out but it's minor.

      I am looking to get $1000.00 + the cost of professional packing and
      shipping (should be around $50.00). I will consider offers both above
      and below the asking price, but will probably keep the bike if I can't
      get a grand for it.

      Local riders are welcome to set up some time during the week or on the
      weekend to ride it (I live in Oakland, CA). For buyers who are seriously
      interested I can take some pictures provided there is sun in the sky
      today.

      Thanks for looking, and feel free to repost this.

      -jerry.