FS: Ultegra/Mavic wheelset

  • Doug Van Cleve
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2003
      Hi folks.

      I have a wheelset for sale. The rims are bluish gray (maybe grayish blue
      ;^) Mavic Open 20 with machined sidewalls and the hubs are Shimano 600
      Ultegra 8/9 speed cassette. I think the front hub is a slightly older
      vintage than the rear, but both are in excellent condition and the skewers
      match. The front wheel is laced 3x with butted 14/15g spokes and the rear
      is also laced 3x but with straight 14g spokes. The wheels have under 500
      miles on them and no discernable sidewall wear (maybe a bit of brake pad
      residue).

      In the interest of full disclosure, the front wheel had straight 15g spokes
      and very low tension when I got it. While bringing up the tension on it,
      one of the spokes broke. I also noticed that the orientation of the hub
      label and the rim label was not the same as on the rear wheel, so I relaced
      it with Sapim Race spokes. Both are very true and have good tension now,
      but I will double check them before shipping and give them a tune up if
      needed. $100 + shipping. I can send decent pictures, just ask.

      Thanks, Doug

      P.S. For reference, I recently shipped a wheelset to TX from here (AZ) by
      FedEx Ground and it was $12.64 with $200 insurance...