Tall Road bike - French made Stella - and Trek 531 frame - $150 (craigslist / Minneapolis)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Not mine ...

      Tall Road bike - French made Stella - and Trek 531 frame - $150

      Reply to: sale-130177548@...
      Date: 2006-01-31, 5:37PM CST

      - $ 150.00 -
      I've a 62 cm (maybe even 63 plus center to top)Trek Reynolds 531 frame with
      serial # 042350 . I believe this is an 82 630 model, (it has the hour glass
      braze ons for a rear rack on the seat stays). The frame is in very nice shape
      and rides impeccably, (I have disassembled it in the name of making room). The
      Suntour blue line derailleurs and friction shifters are still with me and are
      also in great shape (should an interest exist for those). The original wheels
      with original tires are available as well. $150.00 is for frame fork, LaPrade
      seat post, headset, bolts for bottle cage and rear rack braze ons are in place,
      as well as fork eyelet hooks for a handle bar bag's elastic straps. This bike
      was designed as one of the finest day tourers of its time. .

      - $295.00 -
      Here's a tall (62 or 3 cm again) French made Stella (complete) with Campagnolo
      Nuovo Record derailleur set dressed with a Nervar crank, the wheelset is a
      large flange Campy hub (I believe they are Tipos) laced to Weinmann concave
      rims with worthy Continental tires in place. . . This Stella is a good looking
      dark orange with black lugs in rather amazing shape. ( I like to shout out the
      bike's brand name when I'm out riding it, and then lend folks a simple
      explanation). The bike has a sound and worthy ride and hails from the early
      seventies. I've put a wider bar set on this bike with a set of Shimano 600 aero
      levers to assist in lending the bike a modern touch, and a lung opening grace
      for the rider.

      Other tall bikes keep residence here as well. Give a call if you've an
      interest. Our # is 612-821-1358, ask for Tom

      this is in or around Southeast Uptown Minneapolis