WTB: inexpensive but nice frameset for fixie (crosspost)

  • Doug Van Cleve
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2001
      I have a beater fixed gear now, but it will really take more money than I
      should spend to make it presentable. To make it something I might want to
      keep long term, it needs the steerer replaced (French diameter with Raleigh
      threading) and a repaint. I don't think I can get that done for less than
      $150, and the frame is just 3 main tubes straight gauge 531 with stamped
      dropouts so it really isn't anything special. I have been thinking that
      finding a decent double butted frameset that has good paint and no downtube
      shifter bosses might very well be cheaper than finishing this one up
      nicely. I would prefer not to have the full housing rear brake cable
      braze-ons on the top tube, but I could run a rear brake if they are
      there. Anybody have something like this that could be had for a reasonable
      price?

      Thanks, Doug

      P.S. Oh, I need about 55cm square, C-T. I could probably go from about 54
      C-T to 56 C-T ideally with a 55 - 56 cm top tube...