55cm Reynolds 853 Waterford...$2,800

  • pdq911
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Not mine, but I sure do wish it were! Pix on site. Simply gorgeous.

      If you're looking for the best, then this is your bike. I'm the original owner, having purchased it new in March '01 for $5,000+. More comfortable and laid back than a racing bike, but still light and very responsive handling, and quite suitable for touring. Frame size (seat tube) is 55cm, measured from center of bottom bracket to top of seat lug. Standover height (ground to top of top tube) is 78.5cm. Beautifully hand-crafted in Wisconsin by the same company famed for Olympic-winning Paramount racing bikes. Reynolds 853 frame has Henry James stainless steel dropouts, polished stainless steel lugs and fork crown. Campagnolo Chorus components, Paul cantilever brakes, Phil Wood sealed hubs, Velocity Dyad 40-spoke rims, etc...Triple Campy Racing T crankset (30 speeds). Mechanically great (low miles, mainly commute.) Cosmetically fine but not perfect--paint has some scratches and nicks. Currently fitted w/ Jandd front and rear pannier racks. Call (707) 578-3144 or email wholewheat@...

      http://www.craigslist.org/nby/bik/129727223.html