Teledyne Titan Titanium rare historic bike 24" (60-61cm) - $800 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005

      Teledyne Titan Titanium rare historic bike 24" (60-61cm) - $800 (oakland west)

      Reply to: sale-115210028@...
      Date: 2005-12-02, 12:53AM PST

      I kinda stumbled into this teledyne titan without fully realizing that it is a
      rare and collectible bike. I've decided to sell it because i think that it'd be
      a shame for me to ride it until I break it or have some crackhead steal it off
      the street. The Titan was the frist major production Ti frame with frames
      produced from 1973-75. There were only like 2500 of these made this being #
      1066. The frame is in mint shape as it was basically a bikeshop display, here's
      the details:
      dura-ace:
      smooth black anodized hubs
      5 spd freewheel
      shifters
      ft/rear derailers
      headset

      shimano 600:
      cranks
      AX brakes and levers

      suntour superbe petals
      2 bolt seat post
      suede seat w/ ti rails

      original ti fork was replaced and now has an aluminum version
      new bar wrap/ cartridge bottom bracket / all cables

      Wheelset will be a bit different from one in picture. same rear, but front is a
      4x tubular with the matching dura-ace hub. I just rebuilt the rear wheel with a
      mavic clincher so i could ride it around, but the rim was just a quick fix and
      should probably be replaced as it has a little hop. I will include the matching
      tubular rim and tire(patchable?)from the rear as well.
      everytime i take this bike out heads turn and bike dorks freak out about it.
      I'm just looking for a sweet bike to ride hard, so save this thing before i
      ruin it. Comprable bike trades considered 510-451-2642

      http://www.craigslist.org/eby/bik/115210028.html