Miyata Commuter Road Bike 58cm Snowbike - $175 (craigslist / Chicago)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005

      Miyata Commuter Road Bike 58cm Snowbike - $175

      Reply to: sale-114977373@...
      Date: 2005-12-01, 8:38AM CST

      SNOWING today. Stay dry. Buy this commuter special. Price reduced. Miyata 58 cm
      lugged cromoly frame and fork commuter road bike set up with a Shimano 3-speed
      internal hub and trigger shifter. Bike came with a more upright style handlebar
      but I switched it to an aluminum drop bar and mounted the shifter to the alloy
      quill stem.
      This is a Japanese built bike from the mid 80's that just came out of the box.
      I rode it to work yesterday because it was raining and the fenders worked very
      well. This bike rides fantastic and I wish I had the room to keep it but
      already have a daily commuter bike. Anyway bike is no longer NOS, it now has 15
      miles on it. It is the lightest and best spec for a 3-speed I've ever seen. It
      comes with aluminum cranks, stem, bar, brakes, brake levers, front hub, rims,
      and seatpost. Wheeels are 27 x 1 1/4 bolt-on (for anti-theft) with aluminum
      front hub and internal 3-speed rear hub on aluminum rims with stainless steel
      spokes.
      Comes with full aluminum fenders to keep you dry and a full chain cover to keep
      your pant legs clean. Very nice riding longer touring style geometry.
      Bike comes with a very comfortable padded Miyata chromed single coil spring
      saddle and upgraded polished alloy platform track pedals with stailess steel
      toe clips and leather toe straps.
      Frame has braze-ons for front an rear cargo racks as well as generator mounts.
      Rear triangle has track spacing (110mm) and horizontal dropouts to accomodate
      fixed gear or current internal 3-speed gearing. Would make a great winter
      commuter or messenger for riders 5'9" to 6'1".

      this is in or around lincoln park

      http://chicago.craigslist.org/bik/114977373.html