Fixed gear bike - $150 (craigslist / Boston)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 4:48 PM
      Not mine ...

      -------------------

      Fixed gear bike - $150

      Reply to: mconlonx@...
      Date: 2003-04-02, 12:58PM

      Fixed gear mongrel based on mid-80's Trek touring frame. Horizontal,
      forward-facing dropouts. Front brake, decent tires, pedals with clips,
      works great. Gearing is small chainring leftover from 10sp conversion in
      front and middlin' gear out back--not too tall, not too small. Only neat
      parts are a control-tech seatpost and a Brooks sprung MTB saddle, all other
      parts are fairly generic. Could be made into a single speed for just the
      cost of a BMX freewheel and a rear brake. I have all the components
      (including the rear brake...) I took off it to turn it back into a 10-sp
      and will include them for another $25. Not sure what size it is, but I'm
      5'8" with a 30" inseam and it is just a tad large for me. Need cash, have
      another beater bike to ride, hate to sell it, but something has to go. If
      price seems too steep, make an offer. Spring is here--you need a fixed-gear
      deathbike!

      <http://boston.craigslist.org/bos/cyc/9979269.html>