Bike Friday “New World Tourist”

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Not mine ...

      --------------------

      Bike Friday “New World Tourist” for sale
      The Mercedes of packable bicycles—a real bike that happens to pack.
      Consumer Guide calls them “some of the nicest folding bikes in the world.”
      Built in the Northwest (Eugene, OR).
      $750
      Very good condition
      Black
      I’ve owned it for a year, ridden less than 400-500 miles on it (I purchased
      it from Bike Friday) (frame # 4875, built 1998).
      Late last summer it was overhauled and many components upgraded.
      Pictures below.

      specs:
      size 20”-21” comparable (50.3cm-53.3cm) - medium-large frame (stem and
      seatpost both very adjustable - I’m 5’8” and long legged; suggested
      measurements for this frame size were: height 5’3”-5’10” or inseam 27”-31”)
      new Shimano Acera V-brakes and integrated index shifters (21 gears)
      new chain
      new cassette
      new cables
      new casings
      new chainring
      H-bar handlebars
      170mm crank
      brazons front and back
      quick release front tire
      2 spare inner tubes for 20” tires
      kickstand
      waterbottle holder
      pedals as shown
      Sella Italia seat (not the seat in the pictures)
      55-min video about the bicycle and how to pack it into a standard
      hard-shell suitcase weight ~24 lbs (I think)

      To read more, check out the manufacturer’s website on new models (costing
      $1000-1300 for something similar):
      <http://www.bikefriday.com/bikeMMI.cfm?bf=5&cat=1>
      To read reviews of Bike Friday:
      <http://www.bikefriday.com/reviews.cfm>