Vintage TREK 620 Touring Road Bike with Phil Wood Hubs, Reserve is $125

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2005
      While researching steel Treks, I came across this. Reserve price is $125.

      Not mine,

      Forbes B-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7147596701&rd=1

      Vintage TREK 620 Touring Road Bike with Phil Wood Hubs

      After hanging in my basement for several years, I have decided to part
      with this bike in conjunction with our spring cleaning. This bike had
      not been ridden much in recent years, due to my acquisition of a more
      state-of-the-art ride. I almost built it into a cyclocross bike, but
      then realized I most likely will never enter a CX event. Since you're
      reading this, I trust you appreciate this bicycle as much as I do.

      This TREK has had it's decals removed, to make it less noticable while
      parked. Over the years, I have learned to do this after having a
      couple other vintage TREKs boosted. While I didn't save the decals,
      I'm pretty sure it is an early 80's TREK 620.

      This bike features a Sachs Huret rear derailleur, Simplex front
      derailleur, Sugino GT crankset with triple 28/45/50 chainrings,
      Cinelli stem and handlebars, and Suntour bar-end friction shifters.
      The wheels are custom touring wheels with Phil Wood hubs, Mavic MA40
      rims, six speed rear cluster, and Avenir kevlar belted 27 1 1/4 tires
      that I put on last year before I took it out for it's annual ride.

      The frame is Reynolds steel, although I can't tell if it's 531 as the
      decals are pretty scratched/worn. Serial number is ?26809 riveted
      underneath the bottom bracket. The bottom bracket also has 58TSI cast
      into it's underside. The paint is good, but does have some chips on
      the underside of the down tube. Please look at the pictures carefully.

      Winning Bidder pays $60 for careful disassembly, packing and insured
      UPS shipping within the lower 48 states. As an alternative, it could
      be picked up for free in the Madison Wisconsin area within 30 days of
      auction end at a mutually agreed upon time and location.

      Please look at the pictures and read the the terms carefully before
      bidding, as this bicycle is being sold "As-Is". Remember cycling in
      potentially dangerous, so always wear a helmet, ride defensively, and
      watch out for those cars!