Re: [BOBishBikesFS] Trekish Bike? not really but Cool none the less!

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 1:54 PM
      Steve and Everyone,

      Are you absolutely sure that the frame is not a Trek?
      My memory of the exact shape of the lugs Trek used in
      their induction brazing process is fuzzy, but these
      don't look too far off.

      Check out the photo on the auction site. That lug
      connecting the head tube to the down tube has quite a
      distinctive shape. Is that the right shape for a
      Trek? I have no idea. Steve, maybe this is what
      clued you in to the fact that the frame is not an old
      Trek. If so, I apoligize for doubting your
      conclusions. Anyone else have accurate information
      about what the old Trek lugs looked like?

      Looking forward to getting more info,

      Forbes B-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA

      <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&category=98084&item=7146724845&rd=1>

      > > Stevem
      > > Chicago

      > > Yahoo! Personals - Better first dates. More second
      > > dates.
      > > http://personals.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! Messenger