Re: Nashbar Trekking Handlebars

  • nojean@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
      Forbes,

      I don't have any experience with these bars, but I know Modolo made them
      for European market usage and Schwinn used such a bar on their hybrids
      in the early to mid 90's. These mount with the opening toward the rider
      and the controls mounted on the flat closest to the rider with the grips
      going on first, basically in reverse order that they would be mounted on
      a standard bar because of the opening. Hope this helps.

      Reginald Alexis
      Fremont, Nebraska

      "Forbes Bagatelle-Black" <diarmaede@...>
      Subject: Nashbar Trekking Handlebars
      Has anyone out there in BOBland tried the Nashbar Trekking/ATB
      handlebars?
      http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=92&subcategory=1049&brand=&sku=9756&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=
      In "Bicycle Forums," people describe them as being very similar to the
      Scott AT-4. However, the Nashbar bars are on sale for $9.95, and the
      only AT-4s I've seen on eBay are going to sell for at least $66.
      The shape of the Nashbar bars is funky. I'm not sure how they are
      supposed to go on the bike. If anyone has experience with these, please
      let me know. A photo of a bike built up with these would be very
      helpful.
      Thanks!
      Forbes B-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA