Where's Bob?

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2005
      Anybody know where our fearless leader has been recently? My life is
      hollow and incomplete without his postings.

      Yours,

      Forbes Bagatelle-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA
    • Steve marsala
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2005
        Ditto, I was starting to really wonder if everything
        is ok?
        Stevem
        Chicago
        --- Forbes Bagatelle-Black <diarmaede@...>

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2005
          Guys,

          Thanks for your concern. I'm into day 17 of the "Never Ending Headache of
          2005" and only seem to have a few minutes a day that I feel good enough to
          check email (much less spend the time to surf for bikes).

          I've dealt with migraines for 25 years, but have never had one go for more than
          four days. I let the first five days get past me and Imitrex before
          consulting my doctor who threw generic Lortab (hydrocodeine) at it, then a shot
          of Nubain (a synthetic narcotic?). That didn't do the trick and he went on
          vacation, so I was forced to sit in "Urgent Care" for hours to have another
          doctor try Midrin caps and a shot of Toredol. These didn't kick it either so
          they scheduled a visit to the Neuro dept, but it was for 10 days out. After a
          night of 9.0 pain on a 10.0 scale (or so I imagined because I don't know how
          you would know if you had 10.0 pain) I was able to convince Neuro to see me the
          next day. The worst thing about that night was that when I was finally able to
          get to sleep (sweet, painless sleep) I get a call from work in the middle of
          the night (about an hour later). Apparently the operations group wasn't aware
          that I was out sick for two weeks and called me when some report crapped out --
          the rest of the night was sleepless and *no* fun. After seeing the Neuro doc
          and trying two and a half days of Imitrex and Predesone (steroid) I've just
          been left drug addled and still with the headache. The Neuro doc was supposed
          to call me back as she stated that if the headache wasn't gone this morning
          that they would schedule a CAT scan to rule out anything ugly. No call.
          Another night of Imitrex and steriods and we'll see what tomorrow brings. I
          only hope I still have a job after all this. I'm pretty sure that my scheduled
          conference/vacation in Chicago in March is not happening now. Crap, I was
          looking forward to that.

          Anyway, feel free to surf and post bikes for sale until I get back (if our
          healthcare system doesn't kill me first).

          Take care,

          Bob

          > Ditto, I was starting to really wonder if everything
          > is ok?
          > Stevem
          > Chicago
          > --- Forbes Bagatelle-Black <diarmaede@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          > > Anybody know where our fearless leader has been
          > > recently? My life is
          > > hollow and incomplete without his postings.
          > >
          > > Yours,
          > >
          > > Forbes Bagatelle-Black
          > > Santa Clarita, CA

        • Steve marsala
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 18, 2005
            'Hope you feel better and look forward to your return
            =)
            In the meantime I'll take care of chicago, and try to
            pick some choice stuff from the auction hawkers.

            Not mine....(no pic)
            Stevem
            Chicago

            Reply to: anon-60186674@...
            Date: 2005-02-17, 3:53PM CST

            Nice Miyata road bike in black with a pink headtube.
            Leather saddle.
            6 gears in the back and two in the front.
            Shimano 600 componenst.

            this is in or around Chicago
            it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
            other commercial interests

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Steve marsala
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 18, 2005
              Not mine
              Stevem
              Chicago

              <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
              ViewItem&category=98084&item=7134880447&rd=1>

              1984 Trek 720 touring bike made in Waterloo, WI by Tim
              S. Issac. 60cm (C to C), 61cm (C to Top) 57cm top
              tube, 34 1/4" standover height. Looks very nice with
              just normal wear scratches & some caused by leaning
              against other bikes, no rust or dents, not wrecked.
              Beautiful burgundy color. Frame is Reynolds 531c & 531
              forks with front rack braze-on, 3 water bottle braze
              on's & rear rack included. Rides & shifts excellent.

              COMPONENTS

              Shimano Cantilever brakes

              Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur

              Simplex front derailleur

              Sugino triple crankset

              Suntour bar-end shifters

              Matrix Titan 27" wheels with Maillard 700 team issue
              front hub & Maillard Helicomatic rear.

              SR Multi adjust quick release seat post ( See picture)

              SR touring pedals

              Cinelli Bar & stem

              The bike has been sitting in my garage for a long time
              & the Michelin tires hold air, but are badly cracked &
              should be replaced before a long ride.

              This is a GREAT touring bike. If you plan on
              travelling the country or world this is it!

              Shipping will be $55.00 in the Continental US.

              On Feb-15-05 at 00:42:36 PST, seller added the
              following information:

              700c wheels work fine, brakes adjust perfectly to the
              rim. 33 1/2 standover height when using 700c wheels.
              Thank You

              The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
              http://my.yahoo.com
            • Steve marsala
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
                Not Mine...
                Stevem
                Chicago

                <http://chicago.craigslist.org/bik/60560047.html>
                Reply to: jackmarkham03@...
                Date: 2005-02-20, 2:29PM CST

                This is a Men's Puch (Made in Austria) 10 speed bike.
                It is a large frame (25) inch that will fit riders
                over 6ft. It has stem shifters,Quick Release wheels,
                safety Brake levers,shimano derailleurs, new shifter
                and brake cables and housing,foam grips,rear aluminum
                rack and newer tires. The bike is red trimmed in white
                and in excellent condition. This would be an excellent
                commuter,campus or city bike. It can be delivered in
                the Chicagoland area for a $10.00 fee. Call Jack at
                630-724-9287 with any questions. Price $90.00 cash

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Steve marsala
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
                  I know this isn't really bobish, but it seems people
                  are always keeping their eye out for these as they are
                  fun family machines.
                  Not Mine...
                  Stevem
                  Chicago

                  <http://chicago.craigslist.org/bik/60288802.html>

                  Reply to: larrylentz@...
                  Date: 2005-02-19, 8:34AM CST

                  Give me your best offer and take it away, It is real
                  fun for the summer.312-446-3717 also 15 speed 1990's
                  bike great condition for tall person over 5'10' $50 or
                  best offer.

                  this is in or around Lake Zurich

                  http://my.yahoo.com
                • Steve marsala
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
                    Not Mine...
                    Stevem
                    Chicago

                    <http://chicago.craigslist.org/bik/60186135.html>

                    Cro-mo frame w/ Suntour alloy components.
                    12 speeds. Index/friction shifters on the downtube.
                    700c wheels.
                    The bike is in nice shape!!

                    this is in or around Chicago

                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Just a note to thank you all for your well wishes and for keeping the list
                      running in my absence.

                      To update you all: I went to my neuro doc on my 45th birthday (2/23) and he
                      presented me with a seven day and night stay in the hospital complete with MRI
                      (very loud, clostrophobic tests are not recommended for someone with a migraine
                      headache -- unless you're trying to toture them), spinal tap (the knobs *do* go
                      up to 11), endless, boring hours in a *very* uncomfortable bed (can't read,
                      can't write -- not a result of my education mind you, it just hurt to
                      concentrate -- , TV was bad, conversation was minimal and a struggle). My
                      roommate, bless his soul, was recovering from gastric cancer surgery and had a
                      colostomy bag, so I discover that migraine sufferers are sensitive to light,
                      sound *and* odors. He also had an extended, but close, backwoods family that
                      liked to visit at all hours. Particularly with infants that they were not at
                      all opposed to letting crawl all over the hospital room floor (ick), though the
                      babies didn't seem to like it as they screamed at the top of their lungs for
                      what seemed like hours before someone was finally clued in enough to pick them
                      up and head home so "Pops" could get some rest. I think I slept all of 10
                      hours in all that time.

                      After a couple of different IV medication attempts (and seven different IV
                      locations, one case of phlebitis and some antibiotics -- apparently I'm hard to
                      stick), my doctor decided that we could address the headache from here on out
                      from the comfort of my own home or his office. Yay! My head hurts just as
                      much as before, but we know it isn't caused by most of the "nasty"
                      possibilities. I follow up with him on Monday and start with the "Headache
                      Center" then as well. The huggy/feely folks. Hopefully that will help. My
                      employers are are getting the disability papers in order just in case. That is
                      scary. I don't know too many folks who relish the thought of a 25% pay cut.

                      I'm going to crawl into my big 'ol comfortable bed now. The dogs have their
                      orders if they hear any crying babies and if I smell anything bad I'm
                      retaliating with my "own brand" ...

                      Bob "it's good to be home" Hufford