08/22/2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 9:33 PM
      08/22/2001

      ----------------------------

      Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:01:47 -0400
      From: Chris Beyer <beyerc@...>
      To: classicrendezvous <classicrendezvous@...>
      Subject: [CR]Chris' Overflowing Basement Sale, Pt. 2

      Hey, Y'all:

      More stuff to move out:

      Carlton frameset, 22.5 c-to-t w/ 22" tt, early '50s (E757), Cyclo
      eyeletted dropouts, a few non-original braze-ons (dt shifter bosses, 1
      pr. bottle cage bosses, derailleur hanger); repainted solid red
      w/incorrect self-adhesive transfers (should come off easily with a
      hairdrier). I've been advised that the frame tubing on this one is
      Accles & Pollack, Nice lugs. $200

      Carlton frameset, 22.5 c-to-t w/22.5 tt; late '50s (H3504), details as
      above, but flamboyant green, includes hs and bb, 531, nice lugs $225

      Heron Road frameset, 56cm, blue, with Stronglight Delta hs, $475

      Chris Beyer
      Bloomfield, NJ
      (973)893-0831 (H)

      Another interesting bike for sale by Dennis Stone at Stone's Cyclery,
      Alameda, CA 510-523-3264.

      1974 Schwinn Paramount - P13, lt blue, chrome tips and lugs.
      61 C to T
      58 TT
      Full Campy NR
      Silca Pump with Campy pump head.
      SL pedals almost unmarked
      Cinelli stem/bars
      HF hubs laced to MA2s, Vittoria Clinchers 700x23 almost new.
      estimate 93%
      $800.

      Fat Chance......Mountain Bike.......Excellant condition - $175
      Reply to: djbonner@...
      Date: Wed Aug 22 19:58:56 2001

      Top of the line Shimano componets, custom black woith gold speckles paint.
      Excellant.

      Other ways to contact poster:
      415 332 1488

      Trek 660 Chromoly, 20' frame, road bike - $300
      Reply to: anon-1603813@...
      Date: Wed Aug 22 16:15:11 2001

      Campagnolo "nuovo record" derailleur, 14 speed, Matrix Titan wheels, full
      racing handlebars, clip style pedals. Comes with frame mounted air pump,
      and digital monitor, comes with 3 extra tubes. This is an older but
      excellent Trek racing bike.

      Other ways to contact poster:
      call Silvio @ 650-742-9528

      Giordana 57cm
      Reply to: anon-1602630@...
      Date: Wed Aug 22 15:46:09 2001

      Classy Italian custom hand made XL SUPER very light steel contracted by
      eddie Meercyk or Pinarello has ovalized tubes teal& white All Camy ERGO 8
      spd made 1996 Mavic whls will sell for $777.00 or sell frame by self.
      call if U want @ 415 4092247 bob

      Schwinn Sports Tourer, nice 10 speed - $80
      Reply to: anon-1602264@...
      Date: Wed Aug 22 17:07:14 2001

      This Schwinn is older, early 1970's and much nicer than a Varsity with
      many quality parts including Campagnolo Gran Tourismo rear derailleur,
      alloy cotterless Nervar crankset, Weinman centerpull brakes and Ideale
      leather saddle. For those who know the Schwinn line, it was second to the
      Paramount in quality and the frame was built in the Paramount
      manufacturing facility, not just mass-produced.

      This bike has been overhauled, looks good and is ready to ride. Use it for
      Bart, school, everyday riding or even modify it for Burning Man. The size
      is good for someone between 5'6" - 5'9".

      Other ways to contact poster:
      Call John evenings or weekends at (510) 530-1226.

      ROAD BIKE: Davidson custom 53/54 cm. - $875
      Reply to: saustin@...
      Date: Wed Aug 22 10:32:37 2001

      Davidson hand-built men's bicycle, from Seattle's premier frame builder.
      Size for person in approx. 5'8" - 5'10" height range. Shimano 600ex
      (Ultegra) components; triple crank, 18-speed. Recently overhauled,
      replaced bearings and shifter. Excellent condition. E-mail for photo.

      Shogun Triathalon Road Bike 1985 model, 21" frame, for a small person
      $100. Call (208) 788-7088

      Price $35.00
      Ad Text 10 speed centurian road bike, older bike works fine, with presta
      valves, moving to Maine must sell
      Phone (714) 491-7746
      eMail longeugene@...

      Price $200.00
      Price Negotiability OBO
      Ad Text Bertoni Corsa Mondial 12 speed men's 24.5''
      Name richard
      Phone (818) 345-2790
      eMail rich_jg@...

      ---------------------------------------

      Price $265.00
      Price Negotiability OBO
      Ad Text Centurion Dave Scott MASTER IRONMAN race bike, road bike, 14
      speeds, 56-57cm frame (could fit person 55 and above). Very light & clean
      Extra Text Centurion Dave Scott MASTER IRONMAN race bike, road bike, 14
      speeds, 56-57cm frame (could fit person 55 and above). Very light & clean.
      High quality finish frame, with all Shimano 600 series components, MAVIC
      MA40 rims. This is a great bike: Designed in USA, manufactured in Japan.
      It is in excellent condition. Color green & white with brand new blue bar
      tape. Italy saddle. Great price for a light & clean bike: $265.00 (OBO).
      Or trade for 50-51cm frame size bike with equivalent components. Tel:
      (714)516-1565, email: centurion0001@...

      Product Name: Custom Schwinn Paramount
      Price: $1050 Firm
      Condition: Excellent
      Frame Size: 64cm
      Seller: Tom Sharp
      From: Batavia, IL
      E-mail: tsharp@...
      Details: Custom Schwinn Paramount from Waterford. Oversize true temper
      tubing with traditional silver brazed lugs. There is some small touch up
      added to braze-on area of rear brake housing on top tube. Has full Ultegra
      grouppo 8sp. with bar end shifters, Selle Italia Flite saddle, American
      Classic seatpost,Cineli bar and stem, Campy 36 hole rims, Fast black color
      with white decals
      <http://gallery.consumerreview.com/roadbike/market/pictures/para2.jpg>

      Product Name: Raleigh Professional
      Price: $450 or best offer
      Condition: Good
      Frame Size: 25 in.
      Seller: Sean Doyle
      From: Mt. Shasta, California, USA
      E-mail: seancdoyle@...
      Details: Classic Raleigh Professional; Reynolds 531 with lugs. Full
      Campagnolo Super Record, Mavic Rims, Cinelli stem & bars, Campy seatpost.
      Classy blue paint with "pro" decal set. It's been ridden (although not for
      years) but is still in great condition for a bike of this vintage. Offers
      accepted.
      <http://gallery.consumerreview.com/roadbike/market/pictures/Jam014.raleigh.jpg>

      --------------------------------------

      Product Name: Serotta
      Price: $750 or best offer
      Condition: Good
      Frame Size: 62 cm
      Seller: Sean Doyle
      From: Mt. Shasta, California, USA
      E-mail: seancdoyle@...
      Details: Serotta Pre-Colorado lugged frame, Columbus tubes. Full Dura Ace
      8 speed STI. Good mechanical condition; paint in fair condition, no decals
      <http://gallery.consumerreview.com/roadbike/market/pictures/Jam011.serotta.jpg>

      Product Name: Cinelli Super Corsa, Earl
      Price: $200 or best offer
      Condition: Good
      Frame or Fork Size: 60 cm c to c, 58 cm top t
      Seller: Peter van Amson
      From: Needham, MA
      E-mail: pvanamson@...
      Details: This is a Cinelli Super Corsa frame. Its in good used condition.
      Its been ridden no more than 3K miles and has spent a most of its life
      hanging in the garage. This is a very nice frame for someone looking to do
      a classic steel road bike. If interested please e-mail me for more
      pictures or with questions. Buyer pays shipping which I estimate to be
      about $30 or can pic the frame up. I will accept Paypal or money order as
      payment.

      Product Name: Schwinn Paramount SLX f/f
      Price: $450 or best offer
      Condition: Excellent
      Frame or Fork Size: 53 cm center to top/54 cm
      Seller: Jaime
      From: New York, NY
      E-mail: jt692@...
      Details: Waterford built Schwinn Paramount SLX frame and fork, gloss black
      finish, 53 c-to-top, 54 cm top tube, chromed front and rear dropouts,
      english thread bottom bracket, clamp-on front derailleur. Ridden lightly
      over past 7 years. Includes Chorus BB (loose ball bearings, 111 mm wide)
      and Mavic 305 headset. See pic. Please email me with any questions.
      Thanks, Jaime
      <http://gallery.consumerreview.com/roadbike/market/pictures/paramount1(2).jpg>

      Bertin 10 spd road bike
      Novato CA
      Fingertip shifters. Mafac brakes. Suntour components. 95 psi 27 x 1 1/8
      tires. $100/best offer.
      Date Posted: 08/22/01
      Type: Sports & Recreation
      Asking Price: $100.00
      Contact: Dan Liberatore
      Email: liberatorefamily@...
      Phone: 415.892.6057
      Location: 125 Apollo Ct., Novato, Ca.
      Novato, CA 94947

      Centurion IRONMAN, men's road bicycle
      Murfreesboro TN
      finish. This bike looks like it did the day I bought it new. 57CM frame,
      with Shimano 105 components. (615)893-8911 This is the Dave Scott IRONMAN.
      Color : Red and White. 105 Biopace crank ( you can't get these anymore ).
      Date Posted: 08/22/01
      Type: Sports & Recreation
      Asking Price: $500.00
      Contact: Ron Wenisch
      Email: midtentrainer@...
      Phone: 615-893-8911
      Location: 2638 Albany Court
      Murfreesboro, TN 37129

      touring bicycle!!
      Everett WA
      bag (eclipse throughout)--custom paint finish, beautiful bike with
      campagnola hubs, crankset, much much more to list. suffice it to say that
      it is a beauty. open to offers, oh, yes -- it is a twenty two inch
      frameset!! RIDE TILL YOU DROP, THEN RIDE SOME MORE!!
      Date Posted: 08/21/01
      Type: Sports & Recreation
      Asking Price: $459.00
      Contact: michael j. parker
      Email: mjparker@...
      Phone: 425-514-5557
      Location: 12605 east gibson road, #75
      Everett, WA 98204

      Title of item: Motobecane Grand Record F&F, Campagnolo DO's
      Seller: hayesbikes@...
      Starts: Aug-22-01 14:55:21 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 14:55:21 PDT
      Price: Starts at $50.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182149648

      Item Description:
      This is a seventies Motobecane Grand Record; frame and fork are
      all Reynolds 531. The lugs are Prugnant. The decals, especially the
      "Grand Record" one on the toptube are faded as are the Reynolds decals on
      the front fork. The decals are in French. It is 58 cm ct, and ~57 cm cc
      on the toptube. The pictures show some of the paint damage from the
      toptube clamps. This frame and fork needs repainting and rechroming. If,
      however, you want a classic ride on a classic bike and do not care about
      looks, this frame and fork offers the opportunity to put together a good
      ride on Reynolds 531 or a project for restoration. I accept Paypal, money
      orders, or checks. Shipping will be via UPS.

      Title of item: 1984 TEAM RALEIGH 531C WITH CAMPAGNOLO
      Seller: petgel
      Starts: Aug-22-01 04:35:20 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 04:35:20 PDT
      Price: Currently $75.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1181999103

      Item Description:
      A BEAUTIFUL 1984 RALEIGH TEAM FRAME WITH CAMPAGNOLO FRONT AND REAR
      DROPOUTS.PRODUCED BY THE SPECIAL PRODUCTS DEVISION ,ILKESTON, NOTTINGHAM,
      ENGLAND.FRAME/FORK MADE FROM REYNOLDS 531 COMPETITION TUBING, MEASURES
      59CM CENTRE TO TOP WITH A 57 CM TOP TUBE.JUST REPAINTED IT USES ORIGINAL
      (NOT REPRO) RALEIGH AND REYNOLDS DECALS.ORIGINAL BRASS HEADBADGE.THIS
      FRAME /FORK HAS BEEN OWNED BY ME SINCE NEW AND HAS NEVER BEEN
      CRASHED.SUPPLIED WITH ORIGINAL SALES RECIEPT AND TOUCH UP PAINT.BUYER TO
      PAY ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS, APPROX $75 TO THE U.S.PAYMENT BY MONEY ORDER OR
      BANK TRANSFER. I NOW HAVE SOME MORE DIGITAL PHOTOS, PLEASE E-MAIL AND I
      WILL FORWRD THEM ON. GOOD LUCK

      Title of item: 1980 Lotus Road bike bicycle Excellent
      Seller: devldawgy
      Starts: Aug-21-01 19:09:35 PDT
      Ends: Aug-28-01 19:09:35 PDT
      Price: Starts at $99.99
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1181881027

      Item Description:
      Beautiful 1980 road bike. Lotus Odyssey small frame 19" or 49
      cm. Excellent components including a TA triple crank and Shimano 600 brake
      calipers and head set. Kyokuto Pro Ace pedals, Suntour ratcheting bar
      ends, Ukai 700x25 rims with Pro Am hubs. Suntour derailluers and a womens
      leather Avocet touring W11 saddle. The frame is Chrome Molybednum by
      Tange. The standover height is 30". This is truly one of the neatest
      older bicycles I have seen. The bike has had minimal usage. It has just
      been detailed and is ready for a new owner. Please email me with any
      specific questions and I will do my best to answer. Buyer to pay actual
      shipping based on your location. No charge for packaging or handling. I
      use Fed Ex ground. Money orders preferred, credit cards accepted through
      PayPal and personal checks accepted but will need time to clear prior to
      shipping. Thanks for looking!!!

      Title of item: Vintage TELEDYNE TITAN Super Condition
      Seller: johnybike@...
      Starts: Aug-22-01 17:32:08 PDT
      Ends: Sep-01-01 17:32:08 PDT
      Price: Starts at $9.99
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182211342

      Item Description:
      Classic Teledyne Titan Road Racing Frame and Forks. Another wild
      vintage blast from the past. As you may already know very rare early
      production mid-1970's "ALL" Titanium Frame & Fork. This frame,fork, tubes
      & welds are 100%. It had a Campagnolo wheel set & shifting group. Top
      decal has some mars/blemishes from cable clamps. Frame measurements are 20
      1/2" (52cm) center to center, Top bar is the same. Head set NUT is
      DURA-ACE not sure about cups. Bottom Bracket is Shimano 1.37x24T. I
      think head tube decal logo is missing from pictures in books. Another
      great piece from a Vintage Racing Collection. Shipping on this one will
      be cheap.... Super Light**WOW** I also accept PayPal. Bike-ON*

      Title of item: Raleigh Competition
      Seller: michaelca1
      Starts: Aug-22-01 18:07:08 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 18:07:08 PDT
      Price: Starts at $100.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182232387

      Item Description:
      Raleigh Competition Racing USA, I purchased this bike 20 years or
      so ago, and it looks like the day I bought it new, the paint is orignal
      and shows almost no wear. It has a computer on it other than that it is
      orignal.I just never road it and it was packed away in my parents garage.
      I paid around $1000.00 when I bought it new.

      Title of item: 60 cmTrek Reynolds 531 Touring Frame NR!
      Seller: rbbike
      Starts: Aug-22-01 17:43:29 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 17:43:29 PDT
      Price: Starts at $75.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182218445

      Item Description:
      This is an unused frame that has been in our shop for awhile
      looking for a good home. It has the coveted 531 Reynolds brand tubing and
      yet the frame and fork with bottom bracket and headset weighs less than
      7.5 pounds (3.4 Kilos) The frame measures 60cm from the middle of the
      bottom bracket to the intersection of the seat tube/ top tube. The length
      of the top tube is 57cm, head tube is 12cm (both measured center to
      center). The rear wheel spacing is 126mm - this is six/seven speed not
      eight or nine. The frame does have some scratches and scuffs but all in
      all there is nothing wrong with this frame and fork combo. As mentioned
      there is a bottom bracket and headset thrown in, both are generic and will
      need repacking. We prefer Billpoint or Paypal, otherwise money order
      cashiers check needs to get here within 10 business days from the close of
      the auction. We ship UPS and charge fixed shipping and handling of $15 in
      the lower 48 states, $18 to ALASKA or HAWAII. International p!
      ays actual shipping and insurance only, yes we state actual value. APO
      friendly! Feel free to email with any questions. Good luck bidders!

      Title of item: VINTAGE LOOKING!! MASI 51cm/Frame and Fork
      Seller: bensbike
      Starts: Aug-22-01 12:52:34 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 12:52:34 PDT
      Price: Currently $5.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182107779

      Item Description:
      BRAND NEW NEVER BUILT ~ Masi 51cm Nuovo Strada LUGGED FRAME AND
      FORK. Frame is MADE WITH COLUMBUS MASI TUBING. The fork is also COLUMBUS
      TUBING. Frame measures 51cm from center to top and 50 cm from CENTER TO
      CENTER. TOP TUBE LENGTH IS 53cm from CENTER TO CENTER. SPACING IN THE REAR
      IS A 130mm = 8 or 9 sp. The Frame requires a BRAZE -ON Front Derailer. The
      Frame ALSO has CHROME Drop - OUTS FRONT AND REAR. The Frame has several
      COOL STAMPINGS of the word MASI IN IT. Their is also a BRAZE-ON PUMP PEG
      ON THE TOP TUBE. The paint is a METALLIC GREYISH /BLK. The Frame has a
      minor blemish on the chain stay drive side where the dropout meets the
      chainstay. Very Minor but needs to be mentioned as well. OTHER WISE THE
      FRAME IS IN MINT CONDITION !!!
      ~~ WE SHIP FEDEX ONLY !!

      Title of item: Gardin Oria road frame - new
      Seller: ptd55
      Starts: Aug-22-01 12:33:54 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 12:33:54 PDT
      Price: Starts at $85.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182100581

      Item Description:
      This frame was in danger of being left homeless when a local
      manufacturer (Gardin) went out of business 3 or 4 years ago. I saved it,
      along with many others, but can no longer support them all. Please help
      by bidding generously. The frame is of Oria tubing, the straight-bladed
      chromoly forks are of mystery tubing. Neither is of Tour de France
      quality, but they are decent butted chromoly items (the tubes on the frame
      are better than the lugs that were used to stick them together), and both
      are new and unused. I was going to build it up, along with scores of
      others, but came to my senses in time. The seat tube is 58 cm, as is
      the top tube (both measured centre to centre). It comes with a brand new
      Shimano 105 headset, and a 110mm sealed cartridge bottom bracket.

      Title of item: Eddy Merckx Road Bike Racing Bike
      Seller: dgzap
      Starts: Aug-22-01 07:45:57 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 07:45:57 PDT
      Price: Starts at $195.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182022378

      Item Description:
      Eddy Merckx steel frame bicycle, size 62cm. This bike comes with
      original Galli gold components as well as the components on the bike. The
      crank is high end Campy, the brakes are the original Galli brakes, and
      shift levers. This is a 12 speed bike- I believe it is a 52-40 front and
      a 12-26 rear. The chain is virtually new, the crank Campy chorus. The
      bike does have some nicks and minor paint flaws from use, but is overall
      very clean and in superb condition. It is approximately a size 62cm, but
      I ride a 59 or 60 and it fits me fine. This bike has great feel and
      stability, and the hand made in Belgium craftmanship shows. Classic steel
      ride! Thipping for the bike and crank will be UPS and about 40 dollars -
      depending on where.
      I will ship the parts seperate from the bike. I will take cahier's check,
      money order or perosnal check, with slight delay.

      Title of item: Benotto road bike
      Seller: richard.bonney
      Starts: Aug-22-01 06:15:20 PDT
      Ends: Aug-29-01 06:15:20 PDT
      Price: Currently $10.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1182008555

      Item Description:
      21 1/2" Columbus Zeta frame, Modolo Flash brakes, Concor saddle,
      Campag gears, Cinelli bars & stem, new 7 speed Suntour 13-19 block and
      chain, new Tecno 700c x 20 TT tyres, a few scratches on frame and needs
      new lever hoods otherwise very good condition - it is 20 years old!

      Title of item: 1980's Cinelli SL Frameset, Campagnolo
      Seller: ilgrillo
      Starts: Aug-21-01 19:55:59 PDT
      Ends: Aug-28-01 19:55:59 PDT
      Price: Currently $91.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1181918043

      Item Description:
      This is a late 1980's Cinelli frameset. Measures 56 cm.
      (center to top) seat tube and 54.5 cm. (c-c) top tube. It has Columbus SL
      tubing, Cinelli full sloping fork crown. Campagnolo dropouts. Comes with
      Nuovo Record headset and Shimano bottom bracket (don't know model, but
      looks upper end). Frame is straight and not chrashed. Chrome is good.
      Looks like some surface rust under the paint in a couple spots. I'm not
      sure if it's the original paint. Could be a great project bike. Buyer pays
      $25.00 UPS shipping. E-mail any questions. Please see my other auctions.
      Thanks.

      Title of item: BIANCHI BICYCLE "CLASSIC CELESTE COLOR"
      Seller: mb-js
      Starts: Aug-21-01 19:33:38 PDT
      Ends: Aug-28-01 19:33:38 PDT
      Price: Currently $205.00
      To bid on the item, go to:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1181900213

      Item Description:
      This is a very well kept Bianchi. It is the classic celeste color.
      I am not sure about the model name. It measures 52cm from seat tube to
      pedal tube. It is a 21 speed, with all Quattro components. Everything is
      in good working order. It includes Time Pedal System (pedals and shoes
      Size 8), original pedals and clips which have never been used, and water
      bottle.
      The bike has only minor blemishes. The white covers on the brakes are
      cracking, and should be replaced. They are very inexpensive.
      I except PayPal, money orders, or checks (need to clear before mailing).
      Seller pays approx. $40.00 shipping in the cont. USA.

      Happy Hunting!

      Bob Hufford
      Keeper of the BOBish Bikes For Sale List
      Springfield, MO
      bhufford@...