17"/650c Schwinn Fixed Gear FS

  • Mary Kaminski <marykaminski@mac.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2003
      Hi all-

      I thought I had sold this, but the deal fell thru. Here is a re-
      posting of this unique bike.

      I have a nice lugged Schwinn road bike FS that was converted to a
      fixed gear. It was also originally built for 700c wheels, and now
      takes 650c's. Decals are a bit beat & there are dings in the paint,
      but the frame is straight. A little paint, and those lugs....

      Frame size is 17"/43cm. Standover is 27.5"/70cm & top tube is 18.5"/
      47cm. Perfect for that smaller rider or winter tri bike-it's one of a
      kind.

      It has lots of good components: SunTour 165mm cranks, 46x16 gearing,
      Sun rims laced to Suzue sealed hubs, Sakae h-bars w/Bennotto tape,
      DiaCompe front/rear brake calipers & levers, Bianchi resin pedals,
      SDQ saddle, SR for-aft adjustable seat post (keep your road/tri
      position all winter!), SR stem. Includes 2 rolls CatEye light blue
      cloth h-bar tape, should you want to change the color. Rear wheel is
      nutted & dished for proper chain alignment; front wheel has a
      Maillard QR. Panracer II Techno 1.0 tires-brand new, never ridden.

      I bought it from a well-known fixed gear builder on eBay with
      good feedback (name provided upon request), who was great to deal
      with. He built it this way (including wheels)per my specs. Of course,
      the day before it was delivered, my dream frame showed up on eBay.
      You know what happened next....consequently, I never even rode this
      bike.

      Priced at $275., plus shipping (this is less than I paid). Pickup in
      greater Philadelphia area is available, to save shipping costs. I
      will ship to all of the US & Canada (never did it before, but I'm
      willing to try it, if you are!).

      Contact me for further details, shipping and payment info, and pics
      at: marykaminski@.... This is a sweet bike looking for a good
      home-c'mon, save it from eBay!