Beautiful Vintage Rodriguez Road Bike, Campagnolo components 56cm - $1000 (Capitol Hill)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2013
      Rodriguez and Glen Erkison (sp) built frames in seattle in 70's and 80's. this is an example of their work
      Not mine hence not seller
      Charles Nighbor
      WALNUT CREEK CA USA

      cgns2-4102909442@... [?]

      Beautiful Vintage Rodriguez Road Bike, Campagnolo components 56cm - $1000 (Capitol Hill)

      © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
      Pine at Melrose
      image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8
      I bought this bike last summer on a whim but it's too small for me. It's been sitting in my apartment since then and while it's real pretty to look at, it's even better to ride, so I have to let it back into the world. "My loss is your gain!"

      The mid 1980's Rodriguez frame is steel (Reynolds 631), painted a truly glorious light metallic blue, and it is in about as perfect condition as you can get from a 30 year old frame (lookit them decals), and it was made by hand, in Seattle, by Rodriguez bikes. I didn't know much about Rodriguez until I bought this bike, and now that I know more, it kills me that it's too small for me. http://www.rodcycle.com/ Go read about how amazing these people/bikes are.

      I think this bike would comfortably fit someone around 5'9-5'11".

      I bought it from it's second owner who had taken the time to build it out with a ton of great components:
      Campagnolo Veloce 9 speed drive train, hubs, brifters
      Campagnolo Centaur triple crankset (52/42/30, for the hills!)
      Campagnolo pedals
      Cinelli stem (vintage, I think)
      Cinelli Nerve handlebars
      FIR Net 97 rims
      Continental Ultra Gatorskin tires (I'll include a presta valve adapter)
      Campagnolo Chorus seat post (the older model, titanium I believe)
      Selle Italia PROlink saddle
      Elite Ciussi Inox water bottle cage

      As a bonus, I'll throw in a pair of Shimano clip pedals and size 11 Specialized bike shoes (good condition, not stinky), if you'd like.

      Asking $1000obo, serious inquiries and cash only. Email me and we'll exchange numbers that way. I'm on Capitol Hill by Bauhaus Coffee, without a car, so plan on coming out here to take a look.

      If this ad is up, the bike is still for sale. I'm looking for a fast sell, so the first reasonable offer rides it home!
      Pine at Melrose (google map) (yahoo map)
      • Location: Capitol Hill
      • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
      Posting ID: 4102909442