Vintage Italian Road Bike - CIOCC - 51cm $795 Phoenix Craigslist September 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2013
      I had one just like this on very nice
      not seller
      Charles nighbor
      walnut creek CA USA

      7sb7v-4090130236@... [?]

      Vintage Italian Road Bike - CIOCC - $795 (Chaparral & 78 St.)

      © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
      7817 E. Northland Dr.
      image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8image 9image 10
      This is a Rare Italian Road Bike. CIOCC, San Christabol model.
      The San Christablol model the seat stays, chain stays and fork are all chrome (not easy to see in these photos). Once you see the bike in person, it is beautiful.
      There are bicycles. And then there are Italian bicycles. As with high fashion or sports cars, when the world speaks of racing bicycles the conversation soon turns to Italy's custom steel bike frame makers. Each frame hand made to super quality qualifications.
      This particular bike, I believe manufactured in 1987 has Shamino 600 components and some Campagnolo.
      Tires are Continental, Super Race.
      Cinelli handlebars
      Columbus steel frame.
      51 cm

      Original leather handlebar dressing or as we now call it, "tape"

      Condition is unbelievable! Could almost pass for new.

      Ciocc, (say like CHEE-OH-CH) is a brand that recalls the early days of the great Italian handcraft tradition of road frames. It was 60 years ago that CIOCC, working from a small artisan shop, produced high quality frames for some very demanding pro riders. Sixty years later, CIOCC is still visible in the professional ranks as a confirmed leader in the world of road bike frames.

      The old frames like this one are so prized that Americans are sending them back to Italy for restoration. Here is a video of one being restored; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJHwPqn2jY0

      Unlike the bike in the video this bike is in the original condition as when purchased NEW, it doesn't need restoration! It is in PRISTINE Condition!

      John
      480-515-1395

      7817 E. Northland Dr. (google map) (yahoo map)
      • Location: Chaparral & 78 St.
      Posting ID: 4090130236
      Updated: 2013-09-29, 7:41AM MST