Tall Vintage 1980 TREK 710 -- Superior Condition - $575 (Columbus)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2013
      http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/3797603132.html
       0 favorites

      <
      CLcolumbusall for sale / wanted bicycles - by ownerReplyReply to: xddkq-3797603132@...[?]flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      Vintage 1980 TREK 710 -- Superior Condition - $575 (Columbus)Here is a beautiful TREK 710 in almost unbelievable original (not rebuilt) condition. Rides as good as it looks, which is basically like new. I have owned it for several years as-is, ridden it very sparingly, and kept it nice. It would be tough to find one in nicer shape - puts those vintage TREKs on eBay to shame, both in condition and price.
      This bike is a somewhat unusual build. The frame (serial # H5C4A09) is clearly from before late 1980, when the serial numbers changed to straight sequential. The number "4" in the year designation spot indicates some sort of special or evaluation unit (source - http://www.vintage-trek.com/ ). The Suntour Cyclone II group was not available (to the best of my knowledge) before 1982, and the bike has not been updated or altered (except for the tires & very nice Fizik handlebar tape). Early Treks were custom-ordered and normally assembled by the dealer or customer, so this frame was likely displayed at a dealer for a year or two before being sold and completed.
      Specs are as follows:
      Full Reynolds 531 double-butted frame & fork -- size 25.5" (sounds really tall, but I'm 5' 9" and ride it comfortably as pictured). Standover is 34 ½". Dupont Imron 2-stage paint (super tough).
      Campagnolo 1010 Record dropouts
      Campagnolo hubs & quick-release, Rigida 13-20 700c rims
      IRC Road Winner Duro II Kevlar-belted tires, 700x28 (I know they are older, but look in great shape and I've ridden them several times with no issues)
      Suntour Cyclone II derailleurs front & rear -- 12 speed
      New Gran Compe 500 brakes/levers
      SR Aerox crankset (really nice) -- 40 x 52
      SR bars, stem, seatpost
      Original Avocet Gelflex seat (I took off my Brooks Professional that I used for riding it)
      Original water bottle & holder

      Please reply w/ phone number and time to call. Ad will be deleted when sold. Price is appropriate for model and condition; lowballers stick to the garage sales. Thanks for looking!

      * Location: Columbus
      Posting ID: 3797603132